Must read MS KB Article.

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Wayne, Jul 21, 2005.

  1. Wayne

    Wayne Guest

    Wayne, Jul 21, 2005

  2. Wayne

    Kurt Guest

    Get REAL! This is the home of the MCNGP! A clearly worded question ain't any
    less likely to attract flames here! RTFWS (Read the *@#! web site). In other
    words, if you can't stand the heat - get out of the kitchen! I did find the
    article amusing, though.

    ....kurt

    Kurt, Jul 21, 2005

  3. Wayne

    T-Bone Guest

    All questions are answered appropriately. If you disagree, please provide
    recent proof of such actions.
    Or go visit P.S.

    T-Bone, Jul 21, 2005
  4. Wayne

    Frisbee® Guest

    You are mean kurt.

    Wayne, thanks... bookmarked the page. I'm sure it will come in handy.

    Frisbee®, Jul 21, 2005
  5. Wayne

    Briscobar Guest

    Any question worthy of a response is indeed answered. Those questions ("How
    many questions on exam X?", "What is the maximum score on exam Y?", "PLEASE
    TO SEND DUMPS SOONEST.") that are not worthy get smartass responses.

    To what post are you referring? I don't recall any post that was worthy of a
    response that got flamed.

    Briscobar, Jul 21, 2005
  6. Wayne

    T-Bone Guest

    Yes, that was a rather kurt reply, wasn't it?
    (*ducks and covers*)

    T-Bone, Jul 21, 2005
  7. Wayne

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Kurt spewed across the ether:
    Cite?

    JaR, Jul 21, 2005
  8. Wayne

    JaR Guest

    JaR, Jul 21, 2005
  9. Wayne

    kpg Guest

    kpg, Jul 21, 2005
  10. Wayne

    kpg Guest

    I have a well formed question, It is off topic, however.

    In the previously posted link:

    http://www.rmccown.org/bob/rtfm.html

    There is a little graphic "R" next to the url in
    the address line. Nomally this is the little
    IE symbol if on a web page, or a folder if browsing
    the local drive.

    Now understand I could find out the answer to this
    by reseraching, but I'm pretty busy today, so here
    is my question:

    How'd he do that?

    TIA

    kpg

    kpg, Jul 21, 2005
  11. Wayne

    Jtyc Guest

    How'd he do that?

    If you believe hard enough, and with a little bit of magic...

    Jtyc, Jul 21, 2005
  12. Wayne

    Briscobar Guest

    It appears as it IE icon for me. But I know what you're talking about, and I
    have a followup question.

    I know how to create an icon for a site that will appear in your favorites
    (and after it's added to your favorites, it will appear in the address bar,
    but not until then), but I don't know how to make one appear in the address
    bar *before* you've added it to your favorites. Anyone know how?

    Here's how to make an icon appear in the address bar after hte user has
    added to their Favorites:
    You can put it on your own website by creating a tiny image file name
    favicon.ico, and slap it on the root of your site. For example, go to
    www.google.com/favicon.ico. You should see the little google icon, and if
    you add Google to your favorites, that icon will now appear whenever you
    visit Google. Pretty nifty.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com is best for all new updates than

    Briscobar, Jul 21, 2005
  13. Wayne

    kpg Guest

    Well done. You just answered my question.

    kpg

    kpg, Jul 21, 2005
  14. Wayne

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Briscobar spewed across the ether:
    Hey, übercool! Thanks.

    JaR, Jul 21, 2005
  15. Wayne

    kpg Guest

    While were off topic...

    I just installed Google Earth.

    Pretty cool.

    I can zoom in and see cars (!) in my town.

    Please post your address so I may look at your roof.

    TIA

    kpg

    kpg, Jul 21, 2005
  16. Wayne

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across the ether:
    Just look for the brown one with the tree in the front yard and the
    blue F250 parked in the alley.

    Easy.

    JaR, Jul 21, 2005
  17. Wayne

    Jtyc Guest

    Just look for the brown one with the tree in the front yard and the
    Change that to blue C30 and you got it.

    Jtyc, Jul 21, 2005
  18. Wayne

    Briscobar Guest

    Pontiac Grand Am, in the driveway. It's the one next to the house with the
    Red Santa Fe.

    Briscobar, Jul 21, 2005
  19. Wayne

    CBIC Guest

    Red F-150 parked next to my Harley-Fsckin'-Davidson.

    CBIC, Jul 21, 2005
  20. Wayne

    catwalker63 Guest

    2002 Toyota Camry, Aspen Green