Music videos knock out my router

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Jul 6, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have a wireless linksys router 802.1.1b befw11s4 ver 4. My main computer
    is connected via a wired connection. My second computer is connected via a
    wireless connection. when I watch music videos on yahoo launch on my main
    computer, my router is knocked out. The error (if I've tracked it down
    successfully) is
    The IP address lease 192.168.1.100 for the network card with network address
    ooocf..... has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP server
    sent a DHCPNACK message)

    I can watch music videos with no problems on my second computer which is
    connected via wireless.

    I have tried changing channels, telling my router to be "always on" and
    changing the speed on my nic card to be 10mbs half duplex. My main computer
    is a Gateway Media center

    Any suggestions....other than don't watch music videos?

    Thanks in advance

    Vivian K

    Guest, Jul 6, 2005