    specifying multilink on the interfaces?

    Thanks for the pointers,
    Jo

    jo, Nov 8, 2004

  2. jo

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    I'm writing this from my memory so it could be wrong, but I think you
    cannot have more that 8 links in one multilink group (and you want 12 of
    them).

    Ivan Ostreš, Nov 8, 2004

  3. Yes, a multilink bundle of 12 B channels should work. We support
    at least 64 member links in a bundle (255 member links in most IOS
    versions.)

    Here's how I'd do it ...

    interface bri0/0
    encapsulation ppp
    ppp authentication chap pap callin
    dialer pool-member 4
    ppp multilink
    interface bri0/1
    encapsulation ppp
    ppp authentication chap pap callin
    dialer pool-member 4
    ppp multilink

    interface dialer 4
    encapsulation ppp
    ppp multilink
    dialer pool 4
    dialer remote-name FOO

    .... assuming that the router that will be calling into you
    is authenticating in CHAP or PAP as "FOO".

    Oh, what do you know? It turns out that there's even an
    good example of this on CCO:

    Configuring Multilink PPP with Multiple BRI Interfaces
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/bri-mppp.shtml

    Cheers,

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Hello,
    ~
    ~ I have a need to bond 6 seperate ISDN lines together (12x 64k channels). I
    ~ have a 2620 that has an 8 port ISDN BRI card in it. I have 6 spare BRI
    ~ ports, and know that I need to use multilink to make all of the ISDN lines
    ~ work together combining to make 1 768kbs connection. The router at the other
    ~ end will be initiating the connection, so was wondering if anyone could
    ~ point me in the right direction as to any configuration points to achieve.
    ~
    ~ Is it just a case of putting each port into the same rotary-group and

    Aaron Leonard, Nov 9, 2004
  4. jo

    jo Guest

    Aaron, thank you for the pointers.