    even when not using the net ??..i have a permenent wireless broadband
    connection.
    any info would be appreciated ...Chris

    chris, Sep 3, 2005

  2. chris

    Evan Platt Guest

    Do you have 14 IE windows open?

    More details, like OS would help.

    Evan Platt, Sep 3, 2005

  3. chris

    Toolman Tim Guest

    OMG - trojan haven! YOU are the reason everyone else in the world is getting
    spam - it's all being routed through YOUR COMPUTER!

    Well, maybe not ALL of it, but I bet you have spyware, trojans, adware, and
    such up the yahoo.

    Do you have AV software? Of course. It's important, right? So is a firewall
    (*especially* on broadband) and anti-spyware tools.

    Spybot Search & Destroy

    Ad-Aware SE

    SpywareBlaster

    (all three of the above can be downloaded from http://download.com)

    Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta for XP

    <Http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en>

    or http://tinyurl.com/6fuq4

    Download each, update it, run it. Update and run each one about once a week,
    just like your anti-virus software

    Add a firewall - maybe your ISP provides one for free, many broadband
    carriers do.

    And a hosts file -

    http://www.everythingisnt.com/hosts.html

    Be sure to sign up for the update notices - this guy is honest and doesn't

    send out any spam.

    Before you go, read up on the subject of Safe Hex:

    http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

    Safe Computing Guide

    http://www.trendmicro.com/pc-cillin/vinfo/safe_computing/

    http://www.trendmicro.com/en/security/general/guide/overview.htm

    Protect your PC

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/directory/worldwide/en-gb/protect.asp

    Safe Computing Practice

    http://users.iafrica.com/c/cq/cquirke/safe2000.htm

    Safe Computing Practices (Safe Hex)

    http://www.cknow.com/vtutor/vtsafecompute.htm

    I bet you didn't know the Internet could be so 'unfriendly'.

    Toolman Tim, Sep 3, 2005
  4. chris

    chris Guest

    no i may have been online previous but all windows are closed

    no evidence of any activity is shown !!

    chris, Sep 3, 2005
  5. If you haven't learned how to plzz by yourself, by now, you're on your
    own.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 3, 2005
  6. chris

    Plato Guest

    Please remove the spyware and trojans and viruses from your computer.
    Thanks.

    Plato, Sep 4, 2005