    connectivity.

    Is this an XP issue, or is my wireless router level unable to assign two
    different IPs to users on the same computer? DI-624 router.

    Guest, Oct 11, 2006

  2. The router will only provide one IP per adapter regardless of who is logged
    onto the computer. XP does not support having two users logged onto the
    computer at the same time. After logging on a user could supply different
    credentials in order to establish some other kind of connection - eg. VPN.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Oct 11, 2006

  3. Guest

    David Hettel Guest

    The "Internet" has no real concept of who you are, the Internet does know
    about your computer however. You may visit a site on the Internet and log
    into that site as anyone you like, this does not generally require a
    specific IP address. You can be logged into a number of sites using
    different user names and passwords at the same time, I regularly do this.
    Perhaps if you explained what you are trying to do we could better explain
    how to accomplish your goals.

    --
    David Hettel

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    confers no rights

    David Hettel, Oct 11, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks. That probably saved me a couple of hours of frustration.

    Guest, Oct 11, 2006