Multiple WAN IP addresses on Netgear DG834N?

Discussion in 'Network Routers' started by Paul Duncan, Apr 26, 2009.

  1. Paul Duncan

    Paul Duncan Guest

    Hello,

    I've recently moved to ADSL 24 and been given a block of 5 WAN IP
    addresses. One for the router, and four others. I have attempted to turn
    off NAT, or add static routes to the DG834N, but nothing seems to work.
    In fact, trying to add a static route generates the following error:

    The IP address of Gateway setting is different DUT segment.

    A quick google reveals that others have also had this error, but I
    cannot find a solution.

    Any ideas, or do I need to buy another router, and if so which one?

    Thanks!

    Paul
    ~~~~~

    Paul Duncan, Apr 26, 2009

  2. Paul Duncan

    terryc Guest

    I suspect your boxen can not do this or you have stuffed the subnetting.

    If it is the first, you will need to put it into bridging mode and have
    another boxen do the routing.

    terryc, Apr 27, 2009