    business/Home router that will allow multiple VPN connections to the same
    location? I'd rather not put in an ASA at the user's home.
    Thanks in advance

    RC, Apr 27, 2010

  2. RC

    Rod Dorman Guest

    Have you tried the "IPSec over TCP" setting?

    Rod Dorman, Apr 27, 2010

  3. RC

    Rob Guest

    Small Draytek routers and modem/routers can setup IPsec VPN by themselves.
    You can connect them directly to a Cisco. You can specify a subnet and
    it will route all traffic from/to the subnet. No software needed on
    the systems. You may need a config change on the Cisco.

    Rob, Apr 27, 2010
  4. RC

    RC Guest

    This won't work without modifying the ASA config, or at least it doesn't
    work if all I do is change the client, and I'm hoping to find a solution
    that doesn't require a change to the ASA.

    RC, Apr 27, 2010
  5. RC

    RC Guest

    We only do site-to-site VPN when the other site is an actual office, not a
    home worker. I already have to remind them that the laptop is not to be used
    by their kids/family imagine if I had open switch ports just begging to be
    used.

    RC, Apr 27, 2010
  6. RC

    Rob Guest

    Actually on a Draytek you can configure the switch ports into different
    VLANs and specify which ones can use the VPN tunnel and which ones have
    only internet access. So the kids can plug in their PC on the same router
    but not have access to the company LAN.

    Of course it can be sabotaged.

    Rob, Apr 27, 2010
  7. RC

    RC Guest

    Anyone else have suggestions on how to solve this problem?

    RC, Apr 29, 2010
  8. RC

    Nick Guest

    Just tried my Draytek Vigor 2820n. It accepted two active Cisco VPN
    client connections from here to the same Cisco box at the office. An
    extremely quick scan of the user manual indicates that two connections
    is the limit. There are other routers that do it - we got round a
    similar problem with a remote office of 3 or 4 PCs six or seven years
    ago - sorry, can't remember the brand we ended up using then, but it
    would have been mainstream and cheap.

    Nick, Apr 30, 2010
  9. RC

    Jason Guest

    Yes, there is a command in the ASA VPN policy to allow more than 2
    active connections. 2 is the default but you can change it to more.
    The command is:

    group-policy GROUPNAME attributes
    vpn-simultaneous-logins X

    Jason, May 3, 2010
  10. RC

    Superstar

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    This problem is due to the client side router only supporting 1 VPN passthrough connection. Read multiple VPN connections for more details.

    Superstar, Aug 10, 2011