    Does anyone know of any utility/workaround/extension that will allow
    the same for Thunderbird. It's getting quite annoying...

    TIA, Drude

    Drude, Jan 1, 2005

  2. Drude

    Jan Kriege Guest

    That's wrong. Of course all Mozilla programs (Firefox, Thunderbird and
    the Suite) support multiple user accounts.
    The programs store the profile data in C:\Documents and Settings\[User
    Name]\Application Data. That means, every Windows-Account has its own
    profile.
    Furthermore every user may create additional accounts by running the
    profile manager.

    Jan

    Jan Kriege, Jan 2, 2005

  3. Drude

    Drude Guest

    Okay...so...how do I change this? Because, If I make Thunderbird the
    default mail client for my account, it automatically makes it the
    default client on my girlfriend's account. And she doesn't want to use
    TBird (yet...).

    Any help would be appreciated...

    Drude

    Drude, Jan 2, 2005
  4. Drude

    Jan Kriege Guest

    I think, this is a problem with Windows not with Mozilla. (See
    <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;315240>)

    Well, i found this tool http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultmail.htm that
    claims to be able to set a different default mail-client for every user.
    I don't know, if it is any good, so use it at your own risk.

    Jan

    Jan Kriege, Jan 2, 2005
  5. Drude

    Drude Guest

    Hey...that tool worked fine! It seems to be the same people who made
    the 'Default Browser' utility, which also worked fine. Couldn't find
    one for Thunderbird, though.

    Again, thanks for the help.

    Drude

    Drude, Jan 3, 2005

  6. Open the dreaded Internet Explorer then go to tools\internet
    options\programs\and select Thunderbird for Email and Newsgroups.
    Worked for me.

    [email protected], Jan 3, 2005
  7. If opening IE causes uncontrollable tremors, the same dialog can be
    reached by Control Panel>>Internet Options.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 3, 2005