    Can we set up a few PCs with their own static IP using the Cisco 837, as
    well as putting the rest of the PCs on a private network?

    Thanks for any advice given

    Alex Buell, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Alex Buell

    Ivan Guest

    This is kind of a confusing question. You can put static addresses on some
    PCs and use DHCP with others if that was the question.

    Ivan

    Ivan, Dec 17, 2003

  3. Alex Buell

    Alex Buell Guest

    Um yes, thanks, I think that's what I asked. Good.

    Alex Buell, Dec 17, 2003
  4. On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:47:46 +0000, Alex Buell spoketh
    You'll just have to make sure that the static IP addresses are not in
    the range defined by the DHCP server... otherwise, you may end up with
    two devices with the same IP address...

    Lars M. Hansen
    http://www.hansenonline.net

    Lars M. Hansen, Dec 17, 2003
  5. Alex Buell

    Alex Buell Guest

    Given that the static IPs will never be in the 192.168.x.x address range,
    that won't happen! But thanks.

    Alex Buell, Dec 18, 2003