    the same "router" interface.

    Is there a way to have two serial interfaces share the same ip and
    respond correctly to inverse arp requests?

    wjohnson, Dec 6, 2004

  2. wjohnson

    Erik Freitag Guest

    I'm not sure about the inverse ARP requests, but IOS does support
    multi-link frame relay - if your carrier supports it. This might give you
    the bandwidth you're looking for.

    Erik Freitag, Dec 6, 2004

  3. On 6 Dec 2004 10:47:04 -0800, wrote:

    ~ I have a Motorola 6560 router that I want to replace with a Cisco
    ~ router. The Motorola 6560 has two T1 Serial interfaces with about 60
    ~ frame relay pvc's on each serial interface. There PVC's are all on the
    ~ main serial interface, there are no sub interfaces. On the Motorola
    ~ routers IP interfaces are not tied directly to physical interfaces but
    ~ mainted in a seperate router interfaces table. This allows the two
    ~ serial interfaces to have the same IP address as they are connectd to
    ~ the same "router" interface.
    ~
    ~ Is there a way to have two serial interfaces share the same ip and
    ~ respond correctly to inverse arp requests?

    I haven't played with FR in a long time, but back when I did,
    my preference was to use FR subints. You can create a loopback
    interface and give it the one address you want, then use "ip unnumbered"
    on the subints.

    Aaron

    Aaron Leonard, Dec 7, 2004