    am I perhaps missing something???

    Any advice would be greatly received.

    Kind Regards,

    Dave, Jun 16, 2007

  2. For what purpose? The only reason I can think of to do that would be to
    advise them of a new email address you just got.
    That's not how it works. You need to create a new message, then place
    their addresses in the header. Many ISPs limit the number of people you
    can send one message to, in order to curb spam. Try sending to only 25
    people at a time. Also, if one of the addresses is bad, chances are the
    entire message could be rejected. Keeping the group size small will help
    you eliminate the bad one(s).

    Now read this:
    http://k75s.home.att.net/tips-sub.html#mass

    Create the content of your message in a text editor (Notepad/Wordpad)
    and paste it into each of the "to 25 people" as you go.

    Again, remember to use the Blind Carbon Copy field for the addresses, to
    preserve their privacy.

    If you still have questions, ask.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 16, 2007

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Hey many thanks for your advice.

    Would there be an easy way of adding the email addresses of them all
    to my address book in one swoop. I could from then on send them one
    email using blind corbon copy.

    Cheers,

    Dave, Jun 16, 2007
  4. Dave

    WhzzKdd Guest

    You're new to Windows, right?

    Click on the top name in the list, hold down the shift key, click on the
    bottom name of the list. ALL are selected. Just like pretty much anywhere
    ELSE in Windows.

    WhzzKdd, Jun 17, 2007
  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Yes, I knew that. But how can I then add the email addresses of them
    all to my address book.

    Many thanks,

    Dave, Jun 17, 2007
  6. Dave

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Where ARE your email addresses if they aren't in your address book?

    WhzzKdd, Jun 17, 2007
  7. Yes, with Version 2.0

    I don't think that works. Multiple selection, right-click, and the "Add
    Sender to Address Book" is disabled.
    600 clicks. Right-click one, select Add Sender to Address Book. Rinse,
    repeat.

    Are all 300 from unique, different people? This would be rare, in my
    experience.

    And you still haven't said why you want to reply en masse to 300
    different people whose emails are in your Inbox. Are they spam emails?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 17, 2007
  8. I .. think .. they are in the From: fields of 300 emails in his Inbox.

    If only he would answer all the questions ...

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 17, 2007
  9. Dave

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Yeah - after going back to the beginning and reading the whole thing, I'd
    agree with you. And I'm wondering what he's really up to.

    WhzzKdd, Jun 17, 2007
  10. Dave

    Mike Easter Guest

    I suspect that means that you have 300 spams with various From.
    I suspect that means that you are going to try to email something or
    other to the spam From, which is actually bogus and which From is the
    From of an innocent bystander who didn't email you in the first place,
    or some of which From is/are a bogus address which isn't going to work
    in an email.
    Selecting 300 emails to Reply to at one time makes no sense whatsoever.
    It is a good thing that doesn't work. OE is protecting you from
    performing a stupid act.
    I suspect you are missing the fact that you shouldn't be emailing spam
    From, whether it is one at a time or 300 at a time.
    I recommend that you get a good spamfilter, because OE doesn't have one.
    If you had a good spamflter, all of that spam wouldn't have gotten into
    your Inbox. Instead, it would have been tagged as spam and OE would
    have directed it to the spam folder so that you could keep your eyeballs
    and hands off it.

    Try SpamPal.

    Mike Easter, Jun 17, 2007
  11. Dave

    PeeCee Guest

    Dave

    AFAIK OE only allows you to add one address at a time to the Address Book by
    right clicking each email then left clicking 'add to address book'.
    OE will automatically add the address to the address book if you click reply
    from the open email as well.
    Either way you are up for 600 + clicks to get the 300 into your address book
    if you haven't replied to them before.

    Once in your address book you can set up a group with the 300 in it (go to
    Address book help and look up 'create a group of contacts) though as you've
    been advised several smaller groups will be better.

    As others have asked I also ask why so many emails?
    Many ISP's actively discourage mass emailing, 300 is definitely enough to
    get you a warning from your ISP.
    Note you can not 'hide' your address's in the BCC field, it is still 300
    email messages.
    Your ISP will still regard this as 'Spamming'

    I and I'm sure other posters would be keen to hear your response to these
    comments.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jun 17, 2007
  12. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Thank you very much. This is nothing to do with spam, so everyone can
    calm down.

    So I guess there is no other way than clicking each indiviually and
    adding them to my address book.

    Looks like I got a long day ahead of me.

    Just a last question, would this at all have been possible in another
    mail application?

    Many thanks again Paul.

    Dave, Jun 17, 2007
  13. Dave

    Mike Easter Guest

    If it has nothing to do with spam, you would have been better off to
    describe your 'basis' more accurately or thoroughly than you did.

    Asking a strange question while hiding important basis or background
    information because you don't think the background/basis pertains is not
    a good way to get the best information.

    Mike Easter, Jun 17, 2007
  14. Still, you have piqued our interest to know the reason. I've been doing
    email since email was a baby and have never had the need to send a
    message to everyone I've received one from, almost all of whom do not
    know each other.
    Less than 10 minutes, if you don't take a coffee break.
    Hopefully not. There isn't any good reason for it.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 17, 2007
  15. Dave

    WhzzKdd Guest

    I did that when I changed my ISP so everyone got the new email address. Of
    course, that didn't work for lists I subscribe too, or web accounts at the
    bank and such. But that's about the only thing I can think of.

    WhzzKdd, Jun 17, 2007
  16. Yep, that was what I suggested at the beginning of the thread. Dave got
    a new email address.

    Still... I would not want to blanket-ly give my new address to everyone
    I've ever gotten an email from. I would want to be selective, probably
    only notifying those special people good enough to actually *be* in my
    address book.

    That's one way to eliminate the kooks who do nothing more than forward
    every piece of nonsense they get to everyone in *their* address book.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 17, 2007
  17. Dave

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Most definately! I gave my new one only to family, a few (trusted) close
    friends, and the web accounts I use. After 3 years, it's still a clean
    address. Of course, most web forms get the junkmail address instead of my
    real account <g>

    WhzzKdd, Jun 17, 2007
  18. Dave

    Mike Easter Guest

    AFAIC, as far as I'm concerned, until proven otherwise, the basis is
    bound to be spammish. AFAIC, the fact that Dave sez not spam only means
    that some/many/most spammers don't think their spam is spam.

    It is possible that Dave requested respondents to something or other,
    and that he wants to 'spam'/reply to those respondents 'en masse'.
    However, one of the important definitions of spam is that it is
    addressed/sent to multiple/many, and that the identity of the many are
    not particularly relevant [thus one Dave letter to many] and that
    perhaps the various respondents have not granted explicit permission for
    Dave to be emailing them a common 'Dave's mailing list' item, and that
    many/most/ or all of the recipients would consider Dave's communication
    to be of disproportionate benefit to Dave, not the recipient/s.

    Mike Easter, Jun 17, 2007
  19. Dave

    Mike Easter Guest

    Dave googlegroups posts with a valid gmail address to popular/busy
    travel usenet ng/s, such as rec.travel.europe and solicits input there
    regarding his travel plans.

    Undoubtedly people respond by email who don't want/choose to reply into
    the ng for various reasons including the avoidance of spam and general
    privacy.

    Now Dave is going to consider those who replied to be on his little
    mailing list to tell them about his trip - a form of what some people
    call 'social spam'.

    The people who replied to Dave's request for information in the
    newsgroup did not reply to him with the intention of being put onto his
    mailing list for him tell about his trip or whatever. Any of the people
    who emailed him with travel suggestions did not say 'please put me on
    your mailing list about your trip'.

    In addition, Dave the googlegrouper whose 'attitude' about email address
    exposure and 'sharing' is likely to email all of those respondents with
    all of them in the To or CC instead of the BCC, where hundreds of
    different email addresses who did not want their email address shared
    with hundreds of others will find their email addy 'distributed' by
    Dave's mailing list creation and handling.

    Mike Easter, Jun 17, 2007
  20. <snip>

    This certainly fits with his initial statement in this thread:

    "I have just over 300 emails from different people. I would now like to
    reply to all of them at once."

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 17, 2007