    connected but are unable to transmit data. Would the use of the same
    PPP PAP username and password cause this type of situation or should I
    look in another direction?

    Scott, Aug 27, 2004

  2. On 27 Aug 2004 08:09:29 -0700, (Scott) wrote:

    ~ Are there any problems with multiple ISDN users connecting using the
    ~ same PPP PAP username and password? We have multple users that are
    ~ connecting to a Cisco Access Server using the same PPP PAP username
    ~ and password. Each user gets connected and receives a unique IP
    ~ address. Lately we have seen problems where the users are getting
    ~ connected but are unable to transmit data. Would the use of the same
    ~ PPP PAP username and password cause this type of situation or should I
    ~ look in another direction?

    Having multiple different PPP peers dial in using the same username
    is indeed apt to cause problems such as you describe. If you are
    negotiating multilink then by default we will bundle the calls,
    which won't work at all. If not, then if you are configured to use
    legacy dialer, the dialer maps will be based upon username and so
    newer calls will clobber older ones.

    So ... to support this, you'd want to configure the following:

    - if using legacy dialer:
    dialer mult-map-same-name ! hidden I think
    ppp ipcp ignore-map

    - if using multilink:
    multilink bundle-name endpoint

    If the peers don't supply an endpoint discriminator in PPP,
    then you'll have to turn off multilink, because we have to
    bundle on either username or endpoint.

    Aaron

    Aaron Leonard, Aug 28, 2004