    know this can work. What am I doing wrong?

    TIA

    Dan

    Dan, Aug 15, 2006

  2. Dan

    Mumia W. Guest

    Probably, account 1 on your wife's laptop uses an outgoing
    e-mail address at gmail. You can create an account that sends
    e-mail under a different identity that what is used to
    retrieve e-mail, and that's probably what's happened on the
    laptop.

    Mumia W., Aug 15, 2006

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    If by "outgoing email address at gmail" you mean the smtp, it is gmail,
    but I only use one smtp for all 8 accounts in my tbird & this doesn't
    happen (to clarify, she sends a mail from address 1 & replies come to
    the gmail account, call it address 2). If "outgoing email address at
    gmail" is something other than the smtp, where is this set?

    Thanks

    Dan

    Dan, Aug 15, 2006
  4. Dan

    Mumia W. Guest

    Tools/Options/<Your-Account>/Email-Address

    When someone receives e-mail from you, that is the e-mail
    address they think it came from, so when they reply, they send
    back to that e-mail address.

    Mumia W., Aug 15, 2006
  5. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Thanks for the reply. I checked this, the address in the setting you
    mention (actually it's Tools/Account
    settings/<Your-Account>/Email-Address) is correct. Any other possibilities?

    Dan

    Dan, Aug 15, 2006
  6. Dan

    Mumia W. Guest

    What do you mean by correct? Are you talking about your wife's
    laptop? If so, and if you mean that the address in the above
    location is the address she wants to receive responses on (the
    work address), yet responses still come to gmail, then I'm out
    of ideas.

    Mumia W., Aug 16, 2006
  7. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Yes, that's what I meant. Even though everything in account 1 is set to
    account 1 except the smtp, which is account 2, when someone replies to
    an email from account 1, it goes to account 2. I've seen this before
    with tbird & resloved it, but I can't remember how.

    Thanks for your replies.

    Dan

    Dan, Aug 16, 2006