    Hello ! I would like to know that can I configure multiple virtua
    numbers ( DID numbers ) to single Sipura SPA-3000 and have them al
    work actively at the same time

    SIP2PSTN, Jul 22, 2005

  2. SIP2PSTN

    B.M. Wright Guest

    One of the only crappy things about the SPA-3000 is that they
    only allow registration on one of the SIP accounts (or, possibly one per
    line for a total of two?). The other SIP accounts you put in there are
    going to be outbound only. Some workarounds to this, including running
    Asterisk or doing hacks like forwarding all the other SIP accounts to
    the one that you actually can register. None of them are as good as
    Sipura actually fixing this lameness in firmware and allowing
    registration on all of the SIP accounts. I don't know that there is any
    reason why they couldn't, other than they haven't done it, and who knows
    if/when they will (especially now that Cisco/Linksys took over).

    B.M. Wright, Jul 23, 2005

  3. SIP2PSTN

    Kyler Laird Guest

    It's one per line for a total of two.
    With Asterisk running on a $60 wireless access point, this becomes quite
    a viable solution. I like it much more than waiting for Sipura/Cisco/
    Linksys to provide the functionality I want.

    (I've got a bunch of SPA-3000s and a bunch of WRT-54GS routers...I'm
    looking forward to configuring them to work together.)

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Jul 24, 2005
  4. I wonder, might the SPA series be running linux too? I guess I don't
    even know how folks first discovered that the WRT-54 was running
    linux.

    -wolfgang

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, Jul 24, 2005
  5. Kyler: a while ago I opened a thread dedicated to Asterisk on OpenWRT
    at http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=1419 . Check it out. I run
    that configuration myself at home and I'm very happy with it (my
    initial goal was just to register my SPA-3000 on multiple SIP accounts,
    but then I got hooked :) ).
    See this post:

    http://lkml.org/lkml/2003/6/7/164

    Most of the following steps are chronicled by posts archived here:

    http://www.seattlewireless.net/pipermail/dev/2003-July/thread.html

    Enzo

    Enzo Michelangeli, Jul 24, 2005
  6. SIP2PSTN

    B.M. Wright Guest

    Just curious, this is pretty far off topic, but what the hell.
    Have you used H.323 at all under OpenWRT? I have a WRT54GS but just
    haven't bothered getting asterisk/sipath working (yes, I know sipath
    will not do H.323). I also have a Cisco router with FXS ports that
    doesn't speak SIP, only H.323. If H.323 works well under OpenWRT then
    this could be good enough motivation to spend a bit of time getting it
    going. :)

    B.M. Wright, Jul 25, 2005
  7. Never tried, and actually as far as I know the support for H.323 in
    Asterisk is only partial (see e.g.
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+H323+Channels ).
    What is the model of your Cisco router? Perhaps it can also speak MGCP
    or SCCP/Skinny, both of which have implementations ported to OpenWRT
    (although I personally never tested them).

    Enzo

    Enzo Michelangeli, Jul 25, 2005
  8. SIP2PSTN

    B.M. Wright Guest

    Hmm.. so chan_h323 is not capable of allowing an h.323 endpoint
    to register with it? It looks like oh323 does, maybe not available for
    OpenWRT though, or possibly to heavy weight to run on one.
    Don't think so, but I know it does h.323. I'll have to go look
    for the most recent IOS that I will run on this and check for MGCP/SCCP
    support in that. It's an EOL UBR924 cable modem/router (which also has
    two FXS ports). Being EOL for quite some time limits the IOS/featureset
    that I can find for it.

    B.M. Wright, Jul 26, 2005
  9. B.M. Wright wrote:
    [...]
    Possibly. But H.323 is dying, and I don't think much development will
    be spent on it.
    At
    http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-May/012072.html
    someone mentions that MGCP is supported on IOS 12.2, but with
    interoperability problems with Asterisk.

    You may also want to check out
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a008007cd12.html
    where it's said that "12.1(3)T and higher software images that support
    voice, the Cisco uBR924 router can use the MGCP protocol for routing
    voice call" and there are detailed configuration instructions.

    Enzo

    Enzo Michelangeli, Jul 26, 2005