Multiplayer web game in Java

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by dydo, Jul 17, 2006.

  1. dydo

    dydo

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello.

    I am not much of an expert in Java, but I would like to know how would you advise me to develop a multiplayer web game? It is a card game (poker-like) that allows several users/players to play.
    It has to run in a browser and have a cool graphics. Interaction between players should be also very good.

    I thought of a client/server application (clients could be java applets), but the problem comes with threads and synchronization.

    If you have an example, it would be very helpful.

    Thanks a lot.

    Dydo

    dydo, Jul 17, 2006

  2. dydo

    androiddevgamer

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'd recommend using a third-party SDK rather than reinventing the wheel. Developing the logic for turn-based games all by yourself can be pretty demanding. You should look at solutions such as SmartFoxServer, Skiller, Dimensionex. I've experience with the last two and I found both these SDKs quiet easy to use. If you want to build a web app, try SmartFoxServer. If you want to build for Java-enabled phones, try evaluating Skiller.

    androiddevgamer, Aug 30, 2011

  3. dydo

    NotATroller

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Okay so what you do is you download every virus into your computer that will help speed up the process of making a game now go into the web make sure your in a crowded room then put up some porn make it real loud so everyone can hear then you get java put the porn into java then you make a poker game have fun!!!!

    NotATroller, Feb 9, 2013