    to create a multicast scope under the DHCP snap in.

    Thanks

    Billy

    Bay, Oct 25, 2003

  2. Bay

    billyw Guest

    have a look at video conferencing

    billyw, Oct 25, 2003

  3. Bay

    Herb Martin Guest

    When you have a single source (typically some type of "show") which
    must be received by many clients -- but not all clients.

    Unicasts go to ONE destination; Broadcasts to ALL destinations;
    multicasts to all but only "registered destinations."

    The multicast DHCP scope is used to distribute a group address or
    addresses to clients who wish to view the same "show."

    Multicast boundary scopes are (an unfortunate re-use of the same phrase)
    a method to restrict or bound the network areas where the multicast is
    forwarded (i.e., control the scope of the show.)

    Herb Martin, Oct 25, 2003