Multicast Load Sharing/Balancing within 2 Cisco .

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Alex A, Feb 13, 2004.

  1. Alex A

    Alex A Guest

    Hello everybody,

    I have this kind of setup

    Multicast Server

    Vlan1
    | |
    3661 3640
    | |
    Vlan 8,9,10,11..
    | | | |
    Destinations

    3661 router is active, 3640 is on standby. So all traffic (including
    multicast)
    is going thru 3661, and CPU can reach 100 %.
    ip cef can not be enabled on sub-if .

    Is there any way to configure 3661 & 3640, to have the multicast traffic
    spreaded
    between these 2 routers ?
    I have found this link but, Iam not sure I can adapt it for my case :
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/iosw/prodlit/rppim_rg.htm

    TIA
    Brgds
    Alex