    Thank you in advance

    BR
    Heiko

    heiko.maier, Aug 25, 2006

  2. heiko.maier

    Bod43 Guest

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a00800d84c2.html

    Configuring Port-Based Traffic Control

    Would seem to be what you need.

    Bod43, Aug 26, 2006

  3. heiko.maier

    Guest Guest

    Try the storm-control statement on the interfaces. Look at the options,
    you can define percentages of bandwidth from the physical port to let
    broadcasts/multicasts through.

    FW

    Guest, Aug 27, 2006
  4. heiko.maier

    heiko.maier Guest

    Thank you for the quick response.
    Does anybody have a good number for the level?

    50??

    Thank you

    /Heiko

    heiko.maier, Aug 27, 2006
  5. heiko.maier

    Thrill5 Guest

    Your problem is most likely being caused by a spanning-tree loop.
    Storm-control is not going to fix the problem, it will only cause a
    different one. You need to investigate why and where this is happening.
    Map out you layer 2 network connections and figure out where to break
    connections to break the network into separate ones. Do this in advance so
    the next time you see the problem you have a game plan for trying to figure
    out why it is happening.

    Scott

    Thrill5, Aug 29, 2006