MSTP RSTP - slow convergence in mixed environnement 802.1S 802.1W

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by phil~~, Sep 10, 2004.

  1. phil~~

    phil~~ Guest

    Hi All,

    My topology is easy, I have 2 core switches 3550 (running 802.1s 802.1w).
    Both 3550 are connected via a trunk and all other ports are in access mode.
    The distribution switches are dual attached (one link on each 3550)
    I have 5 vlans and 4 instances. The others switches are 3524 and SMC.
    802.1d is disabled in the SMC.

    Everything is working fine, except the convergence time which is always
    the old vlaues. I plan to migrate a large number of sites.

    My question is:
    Is it possible to run a mix 802.1d and 802.1w in differents instance ?
    my assumption is that the switch detects 802.1d format and use this
    protocol in all the instance ... Am I right ?

    Any help will be appreciated

    Philippe ~~~

    phil~~, Sep 10, 2004

  2. Olivier T \(fr\), Sep 11, 2004