    I have tried setting default settings in windows explorer still nothing.
    I have shut down zone alarm and tried, nada.
    joevan

    joevan, Apr 17, 2004

  2. To the best of my knowledge, the "MS Hearts Network" is extinct and has been
    for some time--if in fact it ever got started in the first place.

    Gary G. Taylor, Apr 17, 2004

  3. joevan

    trout Guest

    Do you use a Hosts file for ad-blocking? There is all kinds of crap
    that needs to be allowed for the damned thing to work.

    trout, Apr 17, 2004
  4. joevan

    Millimeter Guest

    uhmm, perhaps for the msn network I think they replaced it with the
    zone. But, I have a simple network at my dads house using a crossover
    cable and we played 3 rounds last night.

    Millimeter

    Millimeter, Apr 18, 2004
  5. joevan

    trout Guest

    Actually, this pertains to the 'zone', now that you mention it. I
    believe that's what the 'other user' is doing (I don't pay much
    attention to it, myself, which hopefully accounts for any vagueness).
    The 'ad areas' on various pages on the site (from sign-in, to
    'looking for a table', etc.) contain content from a number of
    third-party sites. It varies on each connection; but some (third-party)
    advertisers *are* blocked by the Hosts file that I use (for the purpose
    of ad-blocking); and make the game-site 'hang' until they are either
    allowed, or a new connection established that hosts unblocked
    advertisers.
    Unfortunately, this usually leads to the 'gamer' having their way,
    and me cleaning-up the unsavoury residue from unpleasant things like the
    "Double-click" people having been allowed to run rampant.

    trout, Apr 18, 2004
  6. joevan

    Millimeter Guest

    Yes. I was merely offering a second possibility. I was hoping my
    "uhmm" would indicate I was not trying to be rude because you always
    have good advice in your replies.
    I haven't visited the zone for some time, but I used to get a kick out
    of some of the abusive users in the help forums and I periodically
    interjected a different way of asking a users question, to aid the
    moderators in giving an appropriate answer.

    Millimeter, Apr 18, 2004