    My latest install of messenger 5 opens my outlook mailbox instead of logging
    me into my @msn.com web mail.
    Any idaes why?

    Acetyldehyde, Jul 9, 2003

  2. messenger is always doing weird shit.
    I'm using Trillian (which does messenger stuff) instead and having no
    problems.
    Trillian also manages icq, irc and yahoo message thingys.

    Russell

    Russell Smithies, Jul 9, 2003

  3. Go into Internet Explorer, Tools->Internet Options->Programs->Change your
    email to Hotmail/whatever rather than OE.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 9, 2003
  4. Trillian is also full of vulnerabilities...

    Nathan Mercer, Jul 10, 2003
  5. Acetyldehyde

    Acetyldehyde Guest

    Actually, I was getting Windows Messenger (native to XP) mixed up with MSN
    messenger.
    MS multimedia keyboard opens Windows Messenger by default.

    Acetyldehyde, Jul 10, 2003
  6. Welcome to the reality of the real world.
    I don't see people regularly finding vulns in MSN Messenger like I do with
    Trillian.

    Why would I use an IM client that has known vulns?

    Nathan Mercer, Jul 10, 2003
  7. I didn't say that, MSN Messenger is not automagically immune from vulns.
    But take the blinkers off and look at the history of MSN Messenger compared
    to Trillian.

    Trillian is regularly on BUGTRAQ with vulns. The most recent one in the
    last couple of days, which is a remote DoS. Luckily its only a DoS and not
    a buffer overflow like some of the earlier ones...

    Nathan Mercer, Jul 10, 2003
  8. I don't think one has ever been found in MSN.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 10, 2003
  9. Acetyldehyde

    k y l e Guest

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Kyle is Currently Headbanging To:

    k y l e, Jul 11, 2003
  10. I certainly do. On icq they could be pissing about and you wouldn't know
    Mind you gone are the days of sitting chatting on the net for hours with
    500+ people on my contact list (that was some years ago)

    Now its just a few friends, now and then... So to me its not important. Im
    always doing something else and not waiting for a message. Using it in terms
    of business yes mabye an advantage.

    My friends handle it, since im a fast typa anyway and you can only type so
    much in a IM.

    Matt

    Matthew Strickland, Jul 11, 2003