    messenger? i don't know who's been calling me lately, but i call it spam.
    spamspamspam!

    thanks in advance!

    bass A, Jul 2, 2003

  2. Try creating a direct connection with the MSN messenger user in question.
    ie: send a file , do voice chat or somethin like that. Once that is in
    progress go to your command prompt and type netstat you should see there IP
    in that list.

    Matthew Gaylord, Jul 11, 2003

  3. bass A

    Chuck Guest

    You will very likely get something like "The user in question is not
    online or not able to receive messages" when you do. I know. I tried
    that - and got that result.

    The experts at mspwxpm pointed out that the spammer here is using a
    custom version of MSN Messenger that does nothing but send the sh!t
    out, without listening for any reply. That's one of the problems
    supposedly fixed in MSN Messenger V6 - is that ability.

    Chuck Croll

    Spam sucks - PLEASE get rid of the spam before emailing me!
    Trusted Computing? Right! http://www.againsttcpa.com/
    WHAT IS THE CBDTPA? http://www.stoppoliceware.org/

    Chuck, Jul 11, 2003