  1. Rome

    Neil Guest

    with only 4 systems, why not just raise your voice....

    Neil, Aug 18, 2005

  2. Rome

    Neil Guest

    really? I just get her number off the wall...

    Neil, Aug 18, 2005

  3. Rome

    JaR Guest

    What kind of a geek are you? You should be ashamed for even thinking that!

    Furrfu!

    JaR, Aug 18, 2005
  4. Rome

    Briscobar Guest

    That TRAMP!

    Briscobar, Aug 18, 2005
  5. Rome

    Kline Sphere Guest

    what's wrong with calling the dude on the phone?
    WHAT LIKE THIS YOU MEAN????

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Aug 18, 2005
  6. Rome

    Neil Guest

    with deepest appologies. With 4 systems you should write a WMI script to
    pool the system taht currently have an up-to-date version of the WSH on
    it and use a remote script to pop open their CD tray (If available). This
    will signal an incomming call. After this use WMI to turn on the alerter
    and messanger services on the remote host and use NET SEND to fire off
    the message.

    or they could by an app...

    or use cell phones...

    or use tin cans and a string...

    or speak loud^*(&( HIOY&*E%WQ&IGH......... CARRIER LOST

    Neil, Aug 18, 2005
  7. Rome

    Neil Guest

    OK, I heard you already....

    Neil, Aug 18, 2005
  8. Rome

    Ben Smith Guest

    Come on Neil. Is do something manually ever the right answer on an MCSE
    exam?

    Ben Smith, Aug 18, 2005
  9. Rome

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Kline Sphere spewed across the ether:
    Quiet! Some of us are trying to take a nap, dammit!

    JaR, Aug 18, 2005
  10. Rome

    Neil Guest

    It may not be the right answer on an MS exam, but I occasionally live in
    the real world.

    (ps, IFYPFY and never bug me about punctuation again)

    Neil, Aug 18, 2005
  11. Rome

    Neil Guest

    splains why you are under that desk

    Neil, Aug 18, 2005
  12. Hey, stop posting my girlfriends phone number!

    /* Microcephalic S. Bob [MCSBNGP+++ #7.13.86.42.11, Aug 19, 2005
  13. Ummm....can't he just use net send (if they are all on the same
    workgroup/domain and the messenger service is running?)

    Bob Christian, Aug 19, 2005
  14. In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Neil spewed across the ether:

    No kidding. He probably still types with his finger, instead of dictating to
    a highly trained intelligent chimp like the rest of us.

    /* Microcephalic S. Bob [MCSBNGP+++ #7.13.86.42.11, Aug 19, 2005
  15. No! Net send is not at the 'forefront of technology'! YOU CANNOT AND MUST
    NOT USE NET SEND!

    I'll help him, and don't try to stop me, damn you, he was asking ME for help
    and the notion of the group was just an illusion! You see, destiny has
    bequeathed that he needs to use the new Microcephalic Pulsing Telepathic
    Embryonic Spore Horticulture Membrane-Thing Intergalactic Gateway Service.
    When you use this service, the software sends an electronic pulse through a
    horticultural membrane thing, and a cloned fetus is grown in a chamber of
    bile in an alternate reality, where messages are stored in the DNA of the
    mitochondria from the cells of the clone. The Heisenberg Counterbalance
    Service measures the velocity of the electrons from this other dimension,
    and plays the soundtrack to Star Wars in Swedish. At this point, a butterfly
    flaps it's wings in New York, which creates a wormhole in the Pal-Math 8720
    galaxy which allows the transmission of telepathic symbols from the cloned
    fetus' mitochondrial DNA into our galaxy. At this point, it's picked up by
    SETI, which is decoded by millions of computers working simultaneously over
    the internet over the period of several years, locates the appropriate
    machine name, and then uses the NET SEND command to deliver the message.

    And this whole workgroup / domain thing is completely out of date, where the
    hell have YOU been?

    What he needs is the new Microcephalic Flock of Geese Protocol with Quack
    optimization, and to set up his network using Distributed School of Fish
    Server. You can read all about this in a new white paper about the MCSB
    Pelican Briefs, brought to you by Haines. And boy, wait till we get our
    Haines on you. It will be heinous.

    Microcephalic S. "Nerf Entertainment Is Life" Bob
    http://www.roblindman.com/ - building a bridge to tomorrow that goes through
    yesterday and over last wednesday and then stops off at Carl's house

    /* Microcephalic S. Bob [MCSBNGP+++ #7.13.86.42.11, Aug 19, 2005
  16. Rome

    psokolov Guest

    psokolov, Aug 19, 2005
  17. Microcephalic Pulsing Telepathic Embryonic Spore Horticulture Membrane-Thing
    Intergalactic Gateway Service is better. It's at the forefront of
    technology.

    MPTESHMTIGS - the future, whether you like it, OR NOT.

    http://obvious.tk/

    /* Microcephalic S. Bob [MCSBNGP+++ #7.13.86.42.11, Aug 19, 2005
  18. Rome

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "/* Microcephalic S. Bob [MCSBNGP+++ #7.13.86.42.1138.2600]
    Last time I called my wife a chimp...

    Neil, Aug 19, 2005
  19. Rome

    RitaPan

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Try BigAnt Lan messenger (bigantsoft.com)

    RitaPan, Oct 30, 2009
  20. Rome

    JBrown

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Use Bopup Communication Server on your LAN

    Of course you can install Office Communications Server on your LAN to use Windows Communicator as a LAN messenger. But do you hear or know about pricing for the IM software from MS?

    I also advise you to avoid from serverless messenger applications because they use broadcast packets to find and deliver instant messages. This causes a lot of useless data trasmitted over your LAN.

    Look on Bopup Communication Server and it's instant messenger clients:
    blabsoft.com/products/server/

    More information on the product you can find in Online Help documentation available at blabsoft.com/onlinehelp/server/getting_started/overview.html

    JBrown, Jul 23, 2010