    wondering if i missed something when i was putting it together should i of
    formatted my h/d before swapping things over? i am running xp home btw.
    help...i need the speed!!!!!!

    Tim, Nov 4, 2003

  2. Tim

    RussS Guest

    Have you gone into the BIOS and set anything?
    Most board do have jumpers for this, but the soft settings in the BIOS are
    the thing to use.

    RussS, Nov 4, 2003

  3. First of all, Nice system.... I use MSI a lot.

    Things to check.....

    One some of these boards there is a jumpre that tells it it is a different
    procesor.... Look for one talking about 100 MhZ.

    Second, you may have to go into BIOS, and see what it is saying there. It
    could ahve the wrong multiplier, or some such thing.

    Finally, I would check with a CPU test program to see if maybe it is just an
    error in a report.

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me