MSI K7N2- Delta and USB Ports not Working

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by sauber, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. sauber

    sauber Guest

    I have an MSI K7N2 Delta motherboard and am unable to use any of the
    USB Ports. The Device Manager shows 6 unknown devices and it will not
    recognize any USB peripheral that is plugged in. I've updated the
    nVidia drivers to the latest (3.13) and am running Windows 2000.

    The Device Manager shows the following:
    Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
    Standard OpenHCD PCI to USB Host Controller
    Standard OpenHCD PCI to USB Host Controller
    Unknown device
    Unknown device
    Unknown device
    Unknown device
    Unknown device
    Unknown device
    USB 2.0 Root Hub
    USB Root Hub
    USB Root Hub

    Thank you in advance.

    sauber, Apr 1, 2004

  2. What service pack for W2K ?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=B0Mike=B0=22?=, Apr 1, 2004

  3. ^^^^^^
    That's not USB drivers. that's for your video-card.

    Install the MSI drivers-CD-ROM which came with the mainboard.

    michael turner, Apr 1, 2004
  4. sauber

    ICee Guest

    No, they're chipset drivers for the nVidia nForce2 chipset that's on
    that MB.

    ICee, Apr 1, 2004
  5. sauber

    ICee Guest

    ^^^^^^^^^
    The same is reported with the same nForce2 chipset, NF7-S MB (with
    3.13).
    ^^^^^^^^
    Do you have USB devices plugged in? Did you when you installed software
    (you shouldn't)?
    ^^^^^^^^
    This is also reported and is normal.

    Looks like you have USB devices plugged in that aren't recognizes. Do
    you have a hub? How many USB devices are plugged in?

    ICee, Apr 1, 2004
  6. sauber

    ant2005uk

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    NeedHelp with K7N2

    hi all i have the K7N2 Moutherboard and ive been trying to get my USB and audio to work but im not in no luck in getting it working im in need of help im running windows XP pro SP2 the faults are

    USB unknow device but it detects some items like mouse and keyboard but shuts the mouse off from time to time im guess im in need of the 2.0 drivers but im not very good in finding drivers if someone can help me with this i would be gratefull.

    audio installed is the navade sound drivers and the software but still no sound ive used the live update on MSI website but still no luck any help will be gratefull ive tryed to remove the nvada sound drivers but it just comes up with system has detected an error.

    IDe devices a bit back my CD roms dint get detected and was not showingi did a system restore and know there back they went off after i did the nvade update on the MSI website but there back know if this happens again how can i fix it with out system restore point.

    final im running the AMD atherlon 3000+ CPU and ive set the settings in bios to 200GHZ and it shows on system in running a 3002+ 2.19Ghz what is the normal GHZ i should run it at and does this mean im over colocking it ?? if so i dint wanna do that as i think it could damege the chip.

    you can get me on or post on here so others may get the help they need to solve the problem that may be like mine

    Many thanks Antony

    Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
    ant2005uk, Aug 15, 2008