    for raid and it did see the hard drive, but this isn't raid. I didn't see a
    way to like enable the IDe3. So can someone please help me?

    Thanks guys.

    Diehard, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    ok i found out that the ata133 connection port is only for raid, not just
    normal hard drive. which sucks bad. it's working on ide2 tho at normal
    ata100.

    Diehard, Jan 9, 2004

  3. Diehard

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    It isn't just for RAID. If you enable the RAID controller and plug just
    the one drive in there, it will work just fine as two extra IDE ports.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 9, 2004
  4. Diehard

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    You have an 865PE neo2 motherboard??? Are you certain about this? I've
    downloaded from MSI's website the manual for both the 865PE Neo2 Series and
    865PE Neo2-PS Series, and neither board has 4 IDE ports.

    Both list 2 ATA33/66/100 ports, and 2 SATA-150 ports. Neither spec lists 4
    ATA ports, neither board layout diagram or picture shows 4 ATA ports, I see
    no trace of there ever being 4 ATA ports on that model motherboard. I
    don't see 4 ports on the 865G either, or on the 875P Neo.

    Are you saying the product manuals on MSI's site are incorrect, or do you
    have a different model board?

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 9, 2004
  5. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    it does not work. i enabled it in the bios for s-ata which one of their faq
    told me to do so, then the bios saw the drive, but windows will not even
    after loading from the promise raid flopy that came with my motherboard. it
    just says no drives available. one customer of theirs in their forum told me
    also it won't work at all as it's only for raid.

    yes i am sure about the board, and yes it has 3 ide and 4 sata ports.

    Diehard, Jan 9, 2004
  6. Diehard

    Night_Seer Guest

    I think you have to go into the fast track utility first and set up your
    drives through that, then windows install should be able to see it when
    you use the floppy drivers.

    Night_Seer, Jan 9, 2004
  7. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    i looked in it, but it is only for raid and i am not using raid only one
    drive, so i didn't see anything in the fast trak utility that would help me.
    it wants to set up raid only. it has nothing for a single drive.

    Diehard, Jan 9, 2004
  8. Diehard

    V W Wall Guest

    Don't worry about the lack of ATA133 support. No ATA drive, (or SATA, for that
    matter), now made can saturate ATA100. Look at the drive specs.
    Sounds like an awesome machine!

    Virg Wall

    V W Wall, Jan 9, 2004
  9. Diehard

    Night_Seer Guest

    Ah ok, I thought maybe give that a try, sorry.

    Night_Seer, Jan 9, 2004