    out there or it is more for the cooperate world? I guess what plan is best
    for me if it is for the average user.

    Thanks

    Neal, May 10, 2005

  2. It's expensive and not really designed for the home user.

    Start here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/

    Scroll down and click on the link under About MSDN "Learn more about
    MSDN"

    Take a look there, then click on "How to buy" and look at the prices.

    You're the only one who can decide if it's worth it or not but... very
    few home users would get enough benefit to justify the cost.

    David R. Norton MVP, May 10, 2005

  3. Neal

    Neal Guest

    Thanks,

    When I looked that I what I thought but I figured it could not hurt to ask
    at least.

    Neal, May 10, 2005
  4. Neal

    Chris Guest

    Not only is it very expensive, you are not allowed to use any operating
    system you download from your MSDN subscription as your own personal
    operating system. You can only use it for testing purposes. This applies
    with most software available through MSDN. I see no value in it myself.

    Chris, May 10, 2005
  5. .... and if you do plan on jumping on the MSDN bandwagon despite what was
    said here, do so soon as the price is doubling soon.

    Rafael Rivera
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], May 10, 2005
  6. Neal

    ocbwilg Guest

    It's not that expensive, I wish people would stop saying that. Prices range
    from $199 to $2799, depending on which edition you need. And it's not like
    you're throwing money down the drain either. If you need to do testing and
    development it is far, far, cheaper than licensing multiple operating
    systems/servers/etc the usual way.

    ocbwilg, May 10, 2005
  7. Neal

    Chris Guest

    $199 is only for the MSDN library which is free on the internet. It gets
    you nothing else. If you need operating systems, it will cost you $699 and
    again, you can not use it as your own personal operating system (which does
    this guy no good).

    Chris, May 10, 2005