    this exam?

    Thanks

    Sam

    Sam Warwick, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Davin Mickelson, Sep 17, 2003

  3. The MS exam guide for 70-300 is good. It's completely about MSF which is
    really not tested directly on the exam, but does come into play indirectly.
    Either way, it's good reading. Most of this material is also available on
    the MSF site: www.microsoft.com/msf.

    Most of what's on the exam comes from experience in gathering requirements
    and analyzing what solution is right for the client. Only a high-level of
    ..NET technologies is needed. As one poster noted in a different post, most
    of the answers are right in the case studies themselves; you just need to
    read carefully to see what they are. Nothing different than listening to
    what your clients' needs are really.

    BTW, the Transcender practice exam will give you a good idea of what to
    expect.

    HTH,

    Leigh Kendall, Sep 17, 2003
  4. Sam Warwick

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Most of what's on the exam comes from experience in gathering requirements
    Absolutely true, expect although the customer normally knows exactly
    what they want, they expect you to be able to read their minds.
    Meaning important facts which they take for granted, facts they
    believe you 'should already know about', get left out or ignored.
    Later on during some FTR, someone comes out with the old saying 'Oh
    but I assumed you knew that' and 25,000 dollars disappears down the
    drain.

    Kline Sphere, Sep 17, 2003
  5. very true...

    Mind reading would be an important skill...<g>.

    Leigh Kendall, Sep 17, 2003
  6. Sam Warwick

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Mind reading would be an important skill...<g>.

    Ummm....

    I wonder how much the government has 'invested' into making that a
    reality? I somehow doubt any research conducted would have software
    requirements analysis in mind!

    Kline Sphere, Sep 17, 2003
  7. Sam Warwick

    Sarang Guest

    Hey Sam,

    I think this might help

    Globalization and Localization
    url=/library/en-us/vsent7/
    html/vxconbestglobalizationpractices.asp

    -Secure Communication, Authorization, Authentication
    url=/library/en-us/dnnetse c/html/secnetlpMSDN.asp?
    frame=true

    -Microsoft Architecture Overview :
    -Conceptual View
    -Logocal View
    -Physical View
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/architecture/default.aspx
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/architecture/default.aspx?
    pull=/library/en-us/ dnea/html/eaappconland.asp

    -Database Design:
    -Relationships
    -Attributes
    -Primary, foreign key constraints

    -Data Access Techniques
    url=/library/en-us/dnbda/h tml/daag.asp

    -MS Host Integration Server 2000 and Biztalk: features
    http://www.microsoft.com/hiserver/default.asp

    -Source Control Integration in MS VS.NET
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-
    us/dv_vstechart/html/vetchWebProjec
    tsSourceControlIntegrationInVisualStudioNET.asp?
    frame=true

    -Deploying .NET Application
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-
    us/dnbda/html/DALGIntro.asp?frame=t rue

    -Error Handling
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-
    us/dnbda/html/exceptdotnet.asp?frame=true

    ORM (Object Role Modeling)
    url=/library/en-us/dv_vste
    chart/html/vstchvsea_ormoverview.asp

    Sarang, Sep 19, 2003