    configuration utility' under start up tab but the tick is not in the box -
    (its not enabled).

    Thanks

    Tom, Sep 3, 2003

  2. Tom

    °Mike° Guest

    If it is not ticked, you just need to remove the entry from
    the disabled run key, in the registry:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Software
    Microsoft
    Windows
    CurrentVersion
    Run-

    Notice the minus sign after Run. This is where msconfig places
    unchecked registry 'run' entries.

    °Mike°, Sep 3, 2003

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    I have gone through the process suggested but do not know what is meant by
    (Notice the minus sign after Run. This is where msconfig places unchecked
    registry 'run' entries.)
    Do not know what to delete when I clicked on the + Run

    Thanks in anticipation

    Tom, Sep 3, 2003
  4. Tom

    Boomer.. Guest

    Can't tell you much, but someone will be along shortly to offer advice. In
    the meantime, you might like to look for earlier posts on the same subject.
    And as for posting, whatever you do, don't post in HTML. And if you want to
    post test messages, please use a TEST group.

    alt.test --------------------------------->
    misc.test ------------------------------>
    za.test --------------------------------->

    The purpose of test newsgroups is to allow users to test
    their news software and servers without annoying others.

    FYI http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/testpost.html

    Thank You :)

    Boomer.., Sep 3, 2003
  5. Tom

    Boomer :) Guest

    Tom said:
    Does this graphic help?

    http://vil.nai.com/vil/SystemHelpDocs/Regedit.htm

    Boomer :), Sep 3, 2003
  6. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on 3 Sep 2003 04:48:47 +0200,
    the TROLL, *not* Boomer.. uttered this:

    From: "Boomer.." <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Re: msblast virus
    Date: 3 Sep 2003 04:48:47 +0200

    William Poaster, Sep 3, 2003
  7. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on 3 Sep 2003 04:48:47 +0200,
    Boomer.. uttered this:
    <snip>

    IGNORE the troll posing as Boomer, & posting from one of these
    anonymous remailers:-
    &
    The REAL Boomer posts from:-

    William Poaster, Sep 3, 2003
  8. Tom

    °Mike° Guest

    Click on the Run- key, and in the right hand window, you
    will see the entry that is listed (but not checked) in msconfig.
    Highlight it and press DELETE.

    °Mike°, Sep 3, 2003
  9. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Mike
    I cannot decipher which entry to delete in the right hand window, none of
    them appear like the entry in msconfig.
    Maybe I am missing the obvious and "cant see the wood from the trees"
    I am grateful for the help/advice.

    Thanks

    Tom, Sep 3, 2003
  10. Tom

    °Mike° Guest

    You said that the entry is still in msconfig, under the startup tab,
    so post the *unchecked* contents of the startup tab, and also
    the contents of the Run- key here.

    °Mike°, Sep 3, 2003
  11. It most certainly is not.

    Put that file on some webspace, then post an URL here.

    Santiago Zawojski, Sep 4, 2003
  12. Tom

    °Mike° Guest

    <Piggybacked>

    To Tom:
    You should NOT post attachments in this group, Tom. I do not
    see it, as they get filtered by my news server. If you still need
    help, you need to post the details, or upload it to some web
    space, like advised by Santiago.

    °Mike°, Sep 6, 2003
  13. Tom

    roessingh Guest

    He Boys ' gels,
    Im quiet new at all of this but maybe i can ask you something, still.
    I have installed Norton- symantec intern. sec. 2003
    but there is something wrong. It keeps on live-updating the same (in size)
    updates and then 'says' it could not be activated because it was trying to
    overwrite a program that was in use ( and says: 'close all the Nor.-Sym.
    programs and try again, witch does'nt work eather)
    Somebody know what i should do??
    Boris

    roessingh, Sep 6, 2003
  14. Tom