    next two days, and just wanted to hear if anyone has encountered any hiccups
    they would want to share.

    Rich

    Rich Weissler, Sep 11, 2003

  2. Rich Weissler

    Andy Foster Guest

    On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:43:57 -0400, Rich Weissler wrote:

    > Greetings and good morning folks.
    > In case anyone hasn't seen the notices yet, the Windows operating systems
    > have another flaw that needs to be fixed. (Don't bother asking which
    > version of Windows -- it looks like all of them again.) We _probably_ have
    > a couple weeks before someone posts source code for the exploit (again), and
    > another worm or three makes their way thru the network.
    >
    > Q823980 seemed to have gone fairly painlessly last time thru. However, we
    > have patched a handful of systems this morning, and I've received notice of
    > one system which started behaving unusually -- the Novell GroupWare client
    > started crashing. (Latest version -- I'm not a GroupWare person, so I can't
    > say definatively which one -- but I know it had just been made current as of
    > three weeks ago.)
    >
    > Question: Has anyone else had any problems with the Q824146 patches?
    > I'll be doing NT 4.0 (Pro, Server, Enterprise Server, and Terminal Server),
    > 2000 (Pro, Server and Advanced Server), 2003 Server, and XP Pro over the
    > next two days, and just wanted to hear if anyone has encountered any hiccups
    > they would want to share.
    >
    > Rich

    Anyone know any good sites for patching vunerabilities in Linux ?

    Andy

    Andy Foster, Sep 11, 2003

  3. Rich Weissler

    Maria Guest

    http://www.linuxsecurity.com/advisories/

    Maria, Sep 11, 2003
  4. "Maria" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.linuxsecurity.com/advisories/

    Last night as I got home about a half past ten
    There was the woman I thought I knew
    In the arms of another man
    I kept my cool, I ain't no fool
    Let me tell you what happened then
    I packed some clothes and I walked out
    And I ain't going back again

    So take a letter Maria, address it to my wife
    Say I won't be coming home, gonna start a new life
    So take a letter Maria, address it to my wife
    Send a copy to my lawyer, gotta start a new life

    You've been many things but most of all a good secretary to me
    And it's times like this I feel you've always been close to me
    Was I wrong to work nights to try to build a good life
    All work and no play has just cost me a wife

    When a man loves a woman it's hard to understand
    That she would find more pleasure in the arms of another man
    I never really noticed how sweet you are to me
    It just so happens I'm free tonight
    Would you like to have dinner with me

    --
    Fris "R.B. Greaves" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Sep 11, 2003
  5. "Andy Foster" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:43:57 -0400, Rich Weissler wrote:

    [snip]

    > Anyone know any good sites for patching vunerabilities in Linux ?
    >
    > Andy

    If you're running redhat, thier up2date service is quite nice.

    http://rhn.redhat.com

    msnews.microsoft.com, Sep 12, 2003
  6. Thank you. So far, so good. Nothing here has reported any problems.

    So far the only complaints I've heard have been:
    1. The _possible_ association between the patch and crashes with the
    Groupwise client.
    2. On another list someone mentioned the possible coincidental failure of
    the video driver on his computer and the patch. I'm not hearing anything
    else yet.

    Rich Weissler, Sep 12, 2003