    How do I delete the already installed and do a clean install of required
    updates....

    Hope I make myself clear...

    ADVID, Nov 9, 2007

  2. ADVID

    meerkat Guest

    "ADVID" <> wrote in message
    news:4734702b$0$21104$...
    > ..I've recently had a crash and had to do to a REPAIR (no fresh
    > re-install) of my XP Pro (and SP2) and now it looks for (auto) updates
    > and tells me that there are 79 for installing.
    >
    > BUT - when installing it won't install them as they're are already
    > (somewhere) on the PC ... when I switch off the PC it tells me that these
    > updates are ready for installing but I can't because they're already
    > there....
    >
    > How do I delete the already installed and do a clean install of required
    > updates....

    Hi A.
    go have a read of this article...
    http://windowssecrets.com/2007/09/27/03-Stealth-Windows-update-prevents-XP-repair

    A problem caused by a repair install.
    bw..

    meerkat, Nov 9, 2007

  3. ADVID

    ADVID Guest

    Thanks for quick response.................

    ADVID, Nov 9, 2007
  4. ADVID

    ellis_jay Guest

    meerkat wrote:
    > "ADVID" <> wrote in message
    > A problem

    Kinkachew died. Left alone, Mozart died. I was sorry to hear that!!

    --

    When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do
    not welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness causes

    Ellis_Jay

    ellis_jay, Nov 9, 2007
  5. ADVID

    Guest