    Guest Guest

    Any fix to keep MS Word of Office 2000 from crashing while changing the font?
    You can change the font size, just not the font.

    Guest, Oct 20, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 20, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I now have SP-3 installed and still have the same problem. I've posted the
    same message to the word newsgroup.

    Guest, Oct 20, 2005
  4. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 20, 2005
  5. Wild guess, do you have a font manager installed?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 20, 2005
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    No, I don't have a font manager installed. (Not that I installed). Is that
    a 3rd party app or something built into a Microsoft bundle? Are you guessing
    that it may be a problem that I have or don't have a font manager?

    Guest, Oct 20, 2005
  7. To be honest, I didn't really 'think' anything much except it is a bit of a
    curious problem, and that André's tip about SP's might have been a
    correcting factor. Since it wasn't, I thought re-installing was perhaps a
    bit early, and that something else might be tried. Yes, Fontmanagers are
    typically 3rd party, often from foundrie's, like Bitstream. They used to be
    shipped with wordprocessors and office packs, I imagine if you have 1000's
    of fonts, the big idea was that you should have an easy option to install
    and uninstall your fonts so as not having to keep all of them on your hard
    drive all the time. I thought, if you had one such lying about that maybe
    you realy liked and installed, it could be something your Windows didn't
    like? First thought is that it has something to do with Fonts, but of course
    that is not at all certain. Can you remember the last thing you changed on
    your system? That might help.

    Could it be a corrupt Registry - anyone? If so, re-installing should
    definitely work.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 21, 2005
  8. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 21, 2005
  9. Yes, fine little thing. I am not sure how it would fare today, though. (in a
    64bit environment).

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 21, 2005
  10. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 21, 2005