    I have used other versions of Word and do not like them. I do not want
    to upgrade. I want Word 2000 to work and would be grateful for anyone
    who could tell me if recent updates might have caused this. Thank you.

    Alls Quiet, Nov 23, 2010

  2. If you search the internet you will discover that Office 2000 is not
    compatible with Windows 7 64-bit. Even Microsoft's Windows 7
    Compatibility site has it listed as NOT COMPATIBLE!
    https://www.microsoft.com/windows/c...l=en-us&type=Software&s=Microsoft Office 2000

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 23, 2010

  3. Alls Quiet

    Alls Quiet Guest

    How does one go about doing that? I do not like other Word versions.
    This one worked fine for eight months.

    Alls Quiet, Nov 23, 2010
  4. Alls Quiet

    Graystar Guest

    I'm using MS Office 2003 Professional on an XP pro x64 and it is the last
    closest app to Office 97 professional there is.
    After that there is MS Office 2007 and beyond where the idiots have buggered
    up the menus to the point they are worthless and inefficient.
    [someone needs to beat that programmer's head and all who agree with him...
    with a nurf bat]

    In any case MS Office 2003 is listed as compatible with WIn 7 pro x64
    https://www.microsoft.com/windows/c...ffice 2000&os=64-bit&compat=compatible&page=2

    Likely that is the quickest cheapest upgrade you could goto without having
    to relearn the stupid new menu system.

    I used to teach MS Office and come from the days of MS Word hackers guide,
    so the above is my suggestion.

    Graystar

    http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

    Graystar, Jan 24, 2011