MS Win XP Wallpaper Changer Power Toy config question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by All Things Mopar, Jun 10, 2005.

  1. Hi, All!

    I really like Microsoft's Wallpaper Changer Power Toy
    for Windows XP, except for an annoyance I can't find a
    fix for. Maybe somebody can help?

    My Windows screen resolution is set to 1280 x 960. Some
    of the pictures in my wallpaper folder are 1280 x 960,
    quite a number are 1024 x 748, and some are 800 x 600.

    But, Wallpaper Changer uses the "stretch" feature and
    makes all these images full-screen, which makes the
    smaller ones look very poor - pixelated, etc. as you'd
    expect.

    When I go to Settings>Control Panel>Display>Desktop,
    Wallpaper Changer shows up in my wallpaper list as
    "toyhide", with the Position pull-down list set to
    "Stretch". Even if I change this to "Center" and click
    on Apply, it does not work. My automatically changing
    wallpaper is /still/ "stretched".

    I looked in Configure Wallpaper by right-clicking on its
    icon in my sys tray, but failed to see anything at all
    about how images are displayed.

    Am I missing something obvious here? Can I change it? If
    I can't change it, is there a better (free) similar app?

    Thanks in advance for the help.

    All Things Mopar, Jun 10, 2005

  2. All Things Mopar

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Use Webshots. Does pictures as a screen saver, and wallpaper changer too.
    Doesn't have the stretching problem.
    www.webshots.com

    Toolman Tim, Jun 10, 2005

  3. Toolman Tim commented courteously...
    Thanks, but where are the screen saver and wallpaper
    changer? All I saw, besides pop-ups and ads, were links
    to pictures.

    All Things Mopar, Jun 10, 2005
  4. All Things Mopar

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Sure thing...the link below takes you to the download page...
    http://www.webshots.com/samplers/

    The sampler comes with several pictures. You can also import your own, and
    download up to 5 a day from their site (free - or unlimited if you want to
    pay their "premium" package price). Best of all, it's totally spyware/adware
    free. And if you got popups, that's your fault for not having a popup
    blocker installed <grin>!

    Toolman Tim, Jun 10, 2005
  5. All Things Mopar

    nimd4

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2009
    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Wallpaper Changer, Wallpapertoy.Exe version 2000.0.0.6 says:

    .... While in reality all it does is Center the images. Obviously there are other, better, programs (after all, it's Micro$oft we're talking about), but how can this Powertoy be configured to work as declared?!?? Anyone, pls? xd

    nimd4, Feb 3, 2010