    problem, and over one whole year later, no response at all (they just
    don't know the solution).

    Thanks!

    fitwell, Feb 10, 2005

  2. fitwell

    Tricia Guest

    so what is the problem?

    Tricia, Feb 10, 2005

  3. fitwell

    dadiOH Guest

    Their name(s) are legion

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Feb 10, 2005
  4. That's an unwarranted assumption, because it supposes there *is* a
    solution (other than the known one, which is paying MS).

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 10, 2005
  5. SECOND REPLY Ignore first reply; I thought you were saying that they
    didn't know if there was a non-credit-card way of getting MS support.
    My bad, on misreading your post.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 10, 2005
  6. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    When using Outlook 2000's flag feature, if you put tick the
    "completed" box, a date/time stamp for when you closed the flag
    appears. By default, every installation I've ever had a work contract
    at, shows the flag blurb and that date/time stamp at the top of the
    email page. The flag also is a different colour, no longer red but a
    greyscale type of icon.

    The problem lies in that in some installations, that date/time stamp
    prints out in the hard copy, and sometimes _not_. I've been trying to
    find solution to how to get any and _all_ installations to print out
    that date/time stamp.

    ********************************
    This is becoming a serious problem. I've even asked help desk people
    at office in 3 different companies (but they never know much of the
    nitty gritty stuff, must admit). My main job at this new contract is
    to track BFs for a Director General. Unfortunately, unlike other
    jobs, the bulk of this tracking is via email threads. The best way to
    do this is to use the flag feature. One can overwrite in the text box
    so I'll put something like "BF sent to ADMs office for signature.
    Recvd just now and sent via Fedex. BF closed." and when I tick on the
    "completed" box in Outlook 2000, the info I just typed in appears with
    the date/time that I did this, so in effect, it's an excellent tool
    for tracking electronic BFs. Then each email is filed in appropriate
    spot and end of worries. Where problem lies is in the hard copy that
    is stapled to top of pckg with background hard copy documentation that
    was recvd (which we keep since the hard copy is what we have that is
    not electronic, with signatures, etc).

    When anyone comes back with a query on any BF, I can just pull out the
    pckg and info right there. I'm having to write in date/time at this
    point next to the flag info blurb.

    Now all this probably sounds stupid to many as to why this would be
    important. Well, I'm handling about 3 dozens threads (_threads_ not
    individual emails) with several messages pertaining to each thread at
    any given moment. It's been a headache. If I can just find out how
    to fix the setting that will also print the date/time of the completed
    flag on the hard copy, that would save a lot of grief.

    That's it. Sorry for length of response, but don't know how else to
    explain this.

    Cheers!

    fitwell, Feb 11, 2005
  7. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    A year of asking periodically on various MS Outlook ngs have yielded
    no results, so in desperation, trying here.

    When using Outlook 2000's flag feature, if you put tick the
    "completed" box, a date/time stamp for when you closed the flag
    appears. By default, every installation I've ever had a work contract
    at, shows the flag blurb and that date/time stamp at the top of the
    email page in the electronic copy of the message. The flag also is a
    different colour, no longer red but a greyscale type of icon.

    The problem lies in that in some installations, that date/time stamp
    _doesn't_ print out in the hard copy yet sometimes it does. I've been
    trying to find solution to how to get any and _all_ installations to
    print out that date/time stamp trying everything I know. I've tried
    help file, internet, various Outlook ngs and 2 technical support depts
    in the 2 places I've worked where this was an issue and I was trying
    to find solution. No-one has been of help.

    I don't have a credit card and I called MS today and spent some time
    on the phone trying to find way to get technical support w/o credit
    card (sometimes via long distance charges). No go.

    Does anyone know how this printing of the complete flag information,
    _including_ date and time flag completed?

    I have Outlook 2000 but believe I even had this in the Outlook 2003 I
    worked on this past fall.

    Thanks.

    fitwell, Feb 12, 2005
  9. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    I spoke yesterday with an MS person yesterday via phone, they were no
    help at all. Seems that those of us who have no credit cards have no
    options <sigh>. I saw something about email support, but I'll check
    it out again as I'm not sure I understood completely (there wasn't
    much written on that page re any of the options given). M$ sure can
    be such a pain.

    fitwell, Feb 12, 2005
  10. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    A year of asking periodically on various MS Outlook ngs have yielded
    no results, so in desperation, trying here.

    When using Outlook 2000's flag feature, if you put tick the
    "completed" box, a date/time stamp for when you closed the flag
    appears in the email message itself in the status box above. By
    default, every installation I've ever had a work contract at, shows
    the flag blurb and that date/time stamp at the top of the email page
    in the electronic copy of the message. The flag also is a different

    fitwell, Feb 17, 2005
  12. fitwell

    Liz Guest

    This ng does not provide patches for MS products.
    Get an Outlook add-in, it's under $10 (charge to your boss's credit card).
    http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Insert-Date-Time.asp

    Liz, Feb 18, 2005
  13. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    Thanks, appreciate the info but the issue in this thread deals with
    something completely different from inserting date/time in tasks, etc.
    It's trying to find out how to get the date/time info in the info box
    put by ticking on COMPLETED in an Outlook flag to print. Completely
    unrelated to the above.

    Thanks, I'm taking a look just the same as I'm always curious. <g>

    fitwell, Feb 19, 2005
  14. fitwell

    Liz Guest

    Okay, better luck next time!

    Liz, Feb 19, 2005
  15. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    Thanks! <g>

    It's been over a year with this issue, so really need that luck!
    <lol>

    fitwell, Feb 19, 2005
  16. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    Hmmm, betcha this could be done with a freeware workaround and a tiny
    bit of elbow grease ... <g> I obtained code for both XL2K and W2K
    from the Excel and Word ngs to do just that. I esp. like how the
    codes could be customized in VBA to give me exact date/time format I
    required. Neat.

    Here's the code for Word, for example:

    Sub DateStamp()
    ' Inserts current date/time
    Dim timeStr, dayStr As String

    dayStr = Left(Format(Date, "ddd"), 2)
    timeStr = Format(Date, "yyyy.mm.dd.") & dayStr & "., " _
    & Format(Time, "HH") & "h" & Format(Time, "nn") & " "
    Selection.InsertBefore (timeStr)
    Selection.Collapse Direction:=wdCollapseEnd
    End Sub

    The above gives me the date/time in my favourite format. I'm going to
    click on the icon I created for the above code in Word right now to
    get a date/time stamp ...

    The above code just turned this current date/time out:

    2005.02.19.Sa., 08h22

    ******

    Also, for date/time in Outlook itself, I use AutoIt, a freeware
    scripting program that is out of this world, in my mind. But the AI
    script has a fixed time there. Outlook has a small deficiency in
    rules that when you create/turn on a rule that flags all messages with
    a certain criteria, it always flags for NEXT day 24 hours after you
    sent message. I usu. end up leaving that as I figure 24 hours later
    is better than nothing. But when I am sending a msg that needs the
    flag to remind me much earlier than 24 hours later, I'll click on my
    AutoIt button for this purpose and today's date with 9pm gets sent to
    the clipboard and I just change flag date to that. A bit manual, but
    it's free! (AutoIt is freeware.) It also helps that I have a flag
    button on the main toolbar so that I don't even have to open the O2K
    msg in order to change it's flag date/time. <g>

    Just some ramblings in case anyone is reading this thread and happend
    to need any of the above.

    Cheers!

    fitwell, Feb 19, 2005
  17. fitwell

    Liz Guest

    Have you tried emailing them directly?

    Liz, Feb 19, 2005
  18. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    I've spoken with them directly; however, was so frustrated, didn't go
    that possible route. Will try again when I'm in a better frame of
    mind, this afternoon. I found info on the website that did mention
    emailing as one possible route of getting technical support, but I put
    it off as was hoping for a more immediate resolution to this old
    problem <g>. But you're right, I should give that a try. I'm
    currently frustrated w/a co. that I emailed to re info where I've not
    recvd a reply in a month. So the same might happen with M$ ... I
    shouldn't let that deter me. <sigh> Thanks, this was the little prod
    I needed to try this last resort (I do NOT have US$45.00 nor do I have
    a credit card to get a response _directly_ from the M$ tech support
    people :eek:( <g>).

    fitwell, Feb 20, 2005
  19. fitwell

    Liz Guest

    I spent half an hour goggling and find nothing, perhaps
    no one can get it to work. I hope you'll get some help via
    email soon and good luck with it!

    Liz, Feb 21, 2005