    has it screwed up anyone's system here as of late?

    thanks,

    mike

    mike, Jul 3, 2005

  2. mike

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "mike" <> wrote in message
    news:JtVxe.91$...
    > hi,
    >
    > i know it's in beta. the question, is it ready yet? i hear it's pretty
    > good. has it screwed up anyone's system here as of late?

    It was "good" before MS bought it. They changed the name. What planet are
    you from?

    Toolman Tim, Jul 3, 2005

  3. mike

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 17:44:09 GMT, mike wrote:

    MS don't have a product with spyware in it do they?

    >hi,
    >
    >i know it's in beta. the question, is it ready yet? i hear it's pretty good.
    >has it screwed up anyone's system here as of late?

    You mean , Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)

    Think about it , it's beta and MS , which they bought from another
    company. When MS have done that before the product has either become
    defunct , worse and altered.

    Try Google
    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 405,000 English pages for

    review Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)

    (0.25 seconds)

    Me

    why?, Jul 3, 2005
  4. mike

    Deano Guest

    mike wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > i know it's in beta. the question, is it ready yet? i hear it's
    > pretty good. has it screwed up anyone's system here as of late?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > mike

    I'm using it and I think it's good. It's caught stuff that nothing on else
    on my system would have.

    Deano, Jul 3, 2005
  5. mike

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Deano" <> wrote in message
    > mike wrote:
    >> hi,
    >>
    >> i know it's in beta. the question, is it ready yet? i hear it's
    >> pretty good. has it screwed up anyone's system here as of late?
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >>
    >> mike

    > I'm using it and I think it's good. It's caught stuff that nothing on
    > else
    > on my system would have.

    Then again, it did nothing for several severe problems on my boss's
    daughter's laptop. It has some holes in it still. Spybot Search & Destroy
    did better - it identified the problems, but it couldn't remove them either.
    Nonetheless, I am installing it on every XP system I work on (along with my
    favorite other three - Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, and AdAware SE.)

    Toolman Tim, Jul 3, 2005
  6. mike

    mike Guest

    u-anus

    mike, Jul 3, 2005
  7. mike

    mike Guest

    if it's so good, why have they been testing it for months and months?

    mike, Jul 3, 2005
  8. mike

    mike Guest

    make up your mind. it's good/it's not good. are you a politician?

    mike, Jul 3, 2005
  9. mike

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Hey, you top posting sniveling weirdo, see the bottom for my reply:

    "mike" <> wrote in message
    > make up your mind. it's good/it's not good. are you a politician?
    >
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Deano" <> wrote in message

    >>> I'm using it and I think it's good. It's caught stuff that nothing on
    >>> else
    >>> on my system would have.
    >>>

    >> Then again, it did nothing for several severe problems on my boss's
    >> daughter's laptop. It has some holes in it still. Spybot Search & Destroy
    >> did better - it identified the problems, but it couldn't remove them
    >> either. Nonetheless, I am installing it on every XP system I work on
    >> (along with my favorite other three - Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, and
    >> AdAware SE.)

    It is good, as far as it goes. It does more to prevent new infestations than
    many products. But, like any software, it has its limitations. Just like
    your brain...it keeps you breathing, but little else.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 3, 2005
  10. mike

    Deano Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > Hey, you top posting sniveling weirdo, see the bottom for my reply:
    >
    > "mike" <> wrote in message
    >> make up your mind. it's good/it's not good. are you a politician?
    >>
    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Deano" <> wrote in message

    >>> Then again, it did nothing for several severe problems on my boss's
    >>> daughter's laptop. It has some holes in it still. Spybot Search &
    >>> Destroy did better - it identified the problems, but it couldn't
    >>> remove them either. Nonetheless, I am installing it on every XP
    >>> system I work on (along with my favorite other three - Spybot S&D,
    >>> SpywareBlaster, and AdAware SE.)
    >>>

    > It is good, as far as it goes. It does more to prevent new
    > infestations than many products. But, like any software, it has its
    > limitations. Just like your brain...it keeps you breathing, but
    > little else.

    Agreed, you need to run it with the programs that you mention, though it
    helps to be a clued-up user which should help avoid getting too much spyware
    on your system in the first place.

    Deano, Jul 3, 2005
  11. mike

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Deano" <> wrote in message
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> Hey, you top posting sniveling weirdo, see the bottom for my reply:
    >>
    >> "mike" <> wrote in message
    >>> make up your mind. it's good/it's not good. are you a politician?
    >>>
    >>> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    >> It is good, as far as it goes. It does more to prevent new
    >> infestations than many products. But, like any software, it has its
    >> limitations. Just like your brain...it keeps you breathing, but
    >> little else.

    > Agreed, you need to run it with the programs that you mention, though it
    > helps to be a clued-up user which should help avoid getting too much
    > spyware
    > on your system in the first place.

    Very true - "Safe Hex" is the best kind <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jul 3, 2005