    Product Activation work?

    If anyone else has purchased this, did they get an install key with
    it? If so then I will get onto Amazon and ask WTF is going on.

    Jim Hatfield, Nov 29, 2006

  2. Jim Hatfield

    Guest Guest

    Did you buy it 'new' or 'used'?

    New, the CD Key is in the binder the CD came in.

    Used, you're f'ed.

    Guest, Nov 30, 2006

  3. Jim Hatfield

    Jim Hatfield Guest

    New. And surprise surprise, it doesn't need a key for installation.
    It's a 120 day eval, so perhaps that shorter period makes MS think it
    doesn't need to use any kind of product activation. Very handy if you
    want to trial multiple Exchange installations - which for the MS
    training kit, you do.

    Jim Hatfield, Dec 4, 2006
  4. Jim Hatfield

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    Really? Cool then, I've installed many many eval editions, 120-day, 180-day,
    etc. of Server's, Server Programs (ISA, Exch, etc.), Workstation OS's,
    Office, and others, and they've all req'd CD keys. Most even require
    activation nowadays.

    If you want to trial multiple Exchange installations, I would hope you'd be
    using VS or VMWare. ;)

    BD[MCNGP], Dec 4, 2006