    I would really appreciate any advice on this. The self-paced kits seem like
    a cost-effective way to learn the stuff, but I'm reluctant to spend too much
    time barking up the wrong tree.

    Guest, Aug 26, 2007

  2. Guest

    Syed Shah Guest

    the 70-290 doesnt test your skills on the r2 which is what i think your
    refering to.
    i think the major difference is remote deployment including imaging and
    stuff which has changed.

    i would just install the server 2003 that came with the cd without the major
    new service pack.

    Syed Shah, Aug 26, 2007

  3. It looked "considerably different"??? Can you provide an example of what
    was so different?

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Aug 26, 2007
  4. Guest

    Jeff Dempsey Guest

    You can not install SP2 by not using the express install and unchecking the
    "Windows Server SP2" box.

    (which is exactly what I do for my clients through WSUS, until I can be
    there to install it.)

    HTH,

    Jeff

    Jeff Dempsey, Aug 27, 2007