    mail into 0ffice 2000. The computer is a Compaq SR1120NX running XP Home
    Edition service pack 2. Am I leaving out any information?
    George in Las Vegas

    George, Oct 2, 2004

  2. George

    why? Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/standardtrial.mspx
    Activate Trials and Convert to the Full Version

    Convert Your Trial
    When the trial period ends, Office Standard Edition 2003 will go into
    reduced functionality mode. Learn how you can convert the trial software
    to the full version of Office Standard Edition 2003 or Office Student
    and Teacher Edition 2003 without removing or reinstalling software on
    your computer.

    Microsoft does not provide product support for the Office Standard
    Edition 2003 60-Day Trial. Online resources are available in the
    Microsoft Office 2003 Support Center and from other users in Office
    Newsgroups.
    (
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;off2003
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx
    )

    After the trial expires, the software goes into reduced functionality
    mode. In reduced functionality mode you can continue to view and print
    files, but you cannot modify existing files or create and save new ones.

    Me

    why?, Oct 2, 2004

  3. George

    Parko Guest

    Tough. Pay for it.
    Parko, in Melbourne, Australia

    Parko, Oct 2, 2004
  4. George

    PJB Guest

    you've obviously been at the milk of human kindness again.

    He's finished his perfectly legal trial, and has decided not
    to buy, as is his right, now he wants to go back to his
    older software.
    If you cannot help with his query, then don't reply

    P.

    PJB, Oct 2, 2004
  5. George

    Secret S Guest

    I never attempt a trial on software I already have (ie update) as it always
    screws around with you computer. Zone Alarm trial ended in disaster, which
    left me with no firewall for a short while, and updating MS Office buggered
    up my perfectly legit copy of Autoroute, even tho' Autoroute is not part of
    the Office installation!.

    Avoid trials, because that's exactly what they turn out to be.

    **SS**

    Secret S, Oct 2, 2004
  6. George

    George Guest

    Avoid trials, because that's exactly what they turn out to be.
    Office 2003 seemed to be better than 2000. I preferred the new Outlook and
    Word. The clipboard was better but I needed more time to get used to it. If
    I didn't have to buy a new tool box ($2000 or more) I would have bought it
    today.
    George in Las Vegas

    George, Oct 3, 2004
  7. George

    Toolman Tim Guest

    |> Avoid trials, because that's exactly what they turn out to be.
    I also use the developer toolkit. So I kept the OLD Office package installed
    AND installed the new. Obviously, the distributed work I do stays in the
    older version, but I get to use the newer versions for most other work.
    Someday I'll get the boss to pop for the toolkit, but we have "hardware
    issues" to take care of first.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 3, 2004