    this? In the meantime I have just put a shortcut to Google's page on
    my desktop so as to get there. Thanks for any advice....
    dee

    Dee, Dec 7, 2007

  2. Dee

    Dee Guest

    Found the solution, here it is in case anyone else needs it.....

    Open Spybot in Advanced Mode, click on Tools and under the 'IE Tweaks'
    section, uncheck the 'Miscellaneous Locks'. Also need to permanently
    disable/uncheck the TeaTimer function in Spybot, then HijackThis will
    successfully get rid of the registry entry. If you don't have
    HijackThis then manually delete the 3 individual entries for the url
    in the registry.
    Dee.

    Dee, Dec 8, 2007

  3. Dee