    clueless. They are the closest center, so I am hoping they get a clue soon.

    Thanks for any help!

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 9, 2006

  2. Jonathan Roberts

    Guest Guest

    I am extremely annoyed by the same thing.

    As far as I can tell, you can only get Exam Insurance from them if you took
    a course from them. Can someone confirm that? If it's true, the e-mail that
    I received from MS made no mention of that at all.

    Thanks.

    Guest, Dec 10, 2006

  3. Any luck, Charlie? I'm still in limbo...

    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 13, 2006
  4. Jonathan Roberts

    kpg Guest

    kpg, Dec 14, 2006
  5. Thanks but I've been there. No new providers since it started and the
    ones listed don't know of the program.

    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 15, 2006
  6. Jonathan Roberts

    Guest Guest

    No Luck.
    I gave up and just took the 70-292 exam. I passed the exam so it was pretty
    much moot.
    I did read a little more about it though and I see that you apparantly have
    to pay for it, which means I would have no interest. (I had thought it was a
    promotion and not just a way for them to charge for another service.)

    Like you said, the providers seem to have no clue when you contact them. I
    believe one person I spoke with in my area totally misunderstood what I was
    talking about. She seemed to think I was referring to an exam passing
    "guarantee" that the learning center has if you take certain applicable
    courses from them.

    I think that if they are listed, they are supposed to be able to sell you
    the insurance whether you took a course from them or not. If you really want
    it, maybe you just need to convince them to speak to a manager or to
    investigate to get you an answer.

    Guest, Dec 16, 2006
  7. Jonathan Roberts

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Hi Charlie,

    Conrats on the pass... I passed that one and it was not easy!

    Having said that: The promotion is that the first 10,000 people to purchase
    Exam Insurance also get a free subscription to TechNet Plus On-line.
    Definitely a good promotion!

    Montreal MCT, Dec 16, 2006
  8. Unfortunately, most of the listed centers are unaware. I have tried two
    in my local area and one not so local. One has promised to call MS for
    details and call me back...

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 16, 2006
  9. Jonathan Roberts

    jcy Guest

    I had a similar experience, I eventually gave up -

    Most local testing centers were still waiting to get the vouchers in,
    many I called were completely unaware of how the registration process
    works (referring me to Vue/Prometric, despite Microsoft's site stating
    that the registration is done through the Microsoft Partner in this
    case).

    I think the process for this could have been better thought out,
    informing the local testing centers well in advance of the promotion,
    having vouchers ready, etc. I don't think that happened.

    Regards,

    John C. Young

    jcy, Jan 23, 2007
  10. Yes, this was poorly implemented to say the least. I did end up buying
    it on-line from www.getcertify4less.com. In case you're still interested..

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 23, 2007