    use two separate PCs for obvious reasons. Any ideas would be deeply
    appreciated.
    Thanks!

    Guest, Sep 25, 2007

  2. Guest

    Paul Shapiro Guest

    Still not a great solution, but if you have enough memory in your computer
    you could use Virtual PC with a Vista x32 guest. At least it's just one
    computer.
    Paul

    Paul Shapiro, Sep 26, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Paul - I've never tried Virtual PC. Would it allow the installation of a
    program directly into the 32 bit OS? I'm assuming this would prevent having
    to re-boot like a dual boot system? Thanks for the tip.
    Steve

    Guest, Sep 26, 2007
  4. Guest

    Paul Shapiro Guest

    Yes, the virtual machine acts like a completely separate computer, except
    that it's using all the resources of the real computer. No rebooting
    required. Virtual PC is free and can be downloaded on MS's website. You
    would want to install the x64 version. Once it's installed, you create a new
    virtual machine, and install the x32 OS into that virtual machine. Make sure
    you allocate enough disk space and ram for the virtual machine. If you're
    not using the VM most of the time, you can leave it turned off and only turn
    it on when you want to use it. You need an additional OS license for the
    virtual machine, and additional licenses for any software you install there
    if the same software is already installed on the real computer.

    Paul Shapiro, Sep 26, 2007