    </Q>

    Rest of article:
    <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/09/banking_trojan/>

    Mike Dee, Feb 10, 2005

  2. Mike Dee

    whoisthis Guest

    which is exactly why anyone who uses windows has to be a fool.

    whoisthis, Feb 12, 2005

  3. Mike Dee

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    Well, without getting into another "us vs them" thing.......

    Anyone that installs a beta version of ANYTHING in a live environment
    is indeed truly a fool.

    Ryan Jacobs, Feb 12, 2005
  4. Mike Dee

    Guest Guest

    Which is also why anyone who does online-banking is extremely foolish.

    Divine

    Guest, Feb 12, 2005
  5. Mike Dee

    Invisible Guest

    As is anyone who crosses the road.

    Invisible, Feb 12, 2005
  6. why is using online banking extremely foolish?
    or are you meaning in the context of running a compromised windows box
    and doing online banking?

    if so, then surely the same applies for any compromised machine, no
    matter which OS.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 12, 2005
  7. Mike Dee

    froggy Guest

    add in the idiots who get inside a flying machine.. certifiable they are!

    froggy, Feb 12, 2005
  8. Mike Dee

    My Guest

    sorry,
    which is exactly why I use it, as soon as an issues is identified, its
    fixed...
    not 'role back to verson x.x.x.x' or thats why I use x release causes
    its got a bette y then z version

    My, Feb 12, 2005
  9. Mike Dee

    My Guest

    All you have to do is click on File/ Check for Updates...

    My, Feb 12, 2005
  10. I am foolish then. Watch out if you use telephone banking someone could be
    listening in too. Also keep an eye out for fake/modified ATMs...

    The internet is dangerous (especially to fools). I am starting a movement
    to get it banned.

    wogers nemesis, Feb 12, 2005
  11. Mike Dee

    Guest Guest

    Yes - agreed.

    There are any number of servers between a desktop and the bank's server -
    and any or all of them could be sniffing for useful data - encrypted or
    otherwise. And unless you have a *very* large encryption key it won't take
    too long for some of the fast computers now available to crack the key and
    harvest the information.

    Using a Windows box only makes the harvesting much easier.

    I have a gigabit ethernet switch which is capable of creating on one port
    an exact duplicate of everything being sent to another particular port -
    and without anyone knowing that anything was happening.

    The Internet is quite simply an insecure medium, and encryption only stops
    the innocent and the not bright/rich enough.

    Remember - that the police have the ability to silently snoop on anything
    and everything to do with the Internet.

    Divine

    Guest, Feb 12, 2005