Mr.Dark Shark MOBARMEG

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by MS, Jan 25, 2005.

  1. MS

    MS Guest

    A friend while surfing the net... all of a sudden his computer screen went
    black except for a bit of text that says

    Mr.Dark Shark
    MOBARMEG

    Then one by one each program that was running shutdown while another windows
    message box says shutting down computer in 6.5.4...etc seconds

    and then did so..

    On each boot, once windows has installed fully, the same text appears on the
    screen etc.. etc..

    I have got the system back working using system restore but just wondered if
    anybody knew what this was and i suspect the offending files will still be
    on my system somewhere, but a search of files and registry shows nothing
    relating to the text shown.

    Windows XP
    Norton Firewall & Virus Checker on and working

    Once the system restore took place and the computer would not shutdown and
    switch off , noticed that Autoprotect and email protection were disabled
    with error sings.
    thinking that system restore might have lost datafiles i ran live update all
    worked fine, but still the AP & EP were errored. oh and i ran virus checker
    but nothing.

    any help would be helpful, i guess !!

    AW

    MS, Jan 25, 2005