    hooter Guest

    how do I create a mpeg2 format. Is there some free conversion tool?

    thanks

    hooter, Sep 4, 2003

  2. hooter

    gangle Guest

    gangle, Sep 4, 2003

  3. hooter

    hooter Guest

    you want me to be more vague? ;0)

    the problem is that when trying to burn a mpeg file onto a cd as a vcd
    with NERO it just doesn't work. I'm instructed to use a plugin, with
    i can't seem to find, in order to convert the mpeg file to mpeg2 so it
    can be burned as a vcd.

    thanks for the advice.

    hooter, Sep 4, 2003
  4. On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 11:31:18 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
    at the following statement by hooter in message
    You're trying to burn an SVCD rather than a VCD, aren't you? (VCDs are MPEG1
    and SVCDs are MPEG2). VCD support is included in Nero, but SVCDs require the
    MPEG2 encoder. Anyway, the MPEG2 plugin is available from the Nero website
    for $16.00 (US).

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 2026

    The Old Sourdough, Sep 4, 2003
  5. hooter

    gangle Guest

    Mpeg2 is *NOT* VCD. That's why what you were asking
    was vague. VCD is mpeg1. SVCD is Mpeg2, as is
    VOB (DVD mpeg). If all you need to do is make a non-
    VCD compliant mpg1 into a VCD-compliant mpg1 for
    burning, then TMPGEnc will do that easily.

    gangle, Sep 4, 2003
  6. hooter

    hooter Guest

    thanks people!

    hooter, Sep 4, 2003
  7. hooter

    Shel-hed Guest

    Will it burn sausages?

    Shel-hed, Sep 4, 2003
  8. hooter

    Liz Guest

    They came char-grilled.

    Liz, Sep 4, 2003
  9. hooter

    trout Guest

    Hold the mustard.

    trout, Sep 4, 2003
  10. hooter

    Shel-hed Guest

    And no open flames near his exhaust pipe.

    Shel-hed, Sep 4, 2003
  11. hooter

    Liz Guest

    Liz, Sep 4, 2003
  12. hooter

    Shel-hed Guest

    Shel-hed, Sep 4, 2003
  13. hooter

    Liz Guest

    They go nicely with the feather hat. :)

    Liz, Sep 5, 2003
  14. hooter

    gangle Guest

    No, but you will burn in hell, along with Taylor and
    that Sourdough prune.

    gangle, Sep 5, 2003