    Hi. I am new here so I hope this is the right way to go about asking for info?

    I have batch of 13 mp3's and want to import to windows media player to listen. Before I can listen Up comes a windows media request for me to 'migrate' the license. It is saying what I am trying to do may be infringing US copyright laws, - BTW I live in uk - So I presume that if I 'migrate' or 'update' the license and play the files I could be prosecuted? I have no wish to pass files onto anyone else but use for my own personal use. I tried burning them on to cd but again it came up with that the wma files were protected. Any suggestions apart from deleting files?
    Thank you inadvance for any helpful advice.

    kazz, Sep 19, 2003

  2. kazz

    °Mike° Guest

    Please adjust the line wrap in your news client, it is FAR too long,
    and quoted text does not get quoted correctly. It should be
    set at around 72 characters. Thank you.

    For your problem, don't even bother with WMP, use WinAmp 2.9.
    http://classic.winamp.com/

    DaveG, Sep 19, 2003
  4. kazz

    Bigfred Guest

    Simple don,t use media player it,s crap download something like winamp to
    play MP3, I use Jet audio myself not only to play MP3,s but it take,s care
    of my media stuff i.e playing videos files, ripping and burning files it,s
    the best. Stay clear of widows media player.

    http://www.webattack.com/get/jetaudio.html

    Bigfred, Sep 19, 2003
  5. kazz

    Merlin Guest

    listen. Before I can listen Up comes a windows media request for me to
    'migrate' the license. It is saying what I am trying to do may be infringing
    US copyright laws, - BTW I live in uk - So I presume that if I 'migrate' or
    'update' the license and play the files I could be prosecuted? I have no
    wish to pass files onto anyone else but use for my own personal use. I tried
    burning them on to cd but again it came up with that the wma files were
    protected. Any suggestions apart from deleting files?
    You will find many free MP3 players at this site:
    http://www.nonags.com/nonags/mp3play.html
    Download your choice& try them instead of windows media player because,
    since the advent of XP (and this is only my own personal theory) your
    computer is being monitored by Microsoft for various reasons
    If you have an SB soundcard installed on your computer use the player that
    comes with it is what I do
    No probs whatever

    Merlin

    Merlin, Sep 19, 2003
  6. kazz

    gangle Guest

    The apostrophe and the comma are not interchangeable.

    gangle, Sep 20, 2003