    removable drive (whatever its in) and explore, there it is! Tell me why
    someone please

    Andi

    Andi, Jun 6, 2005

  2. Andi

    BIG NIGE Guest

    You dont say so. so I assume that you ARE converting them to MP3 format
    before putting them on to your mp3 player.

    BIG NIGE, Jun 6, 2005

  3. Andi

    Andi Guest

    Hmm dunno. I thought they automaticaly went to mp3 files when you ripped
    them off the cd. If not was do I have to do?

    Andi, Jun 6, 2005
  4. Andi

    S.Malorny Guest

    Maybee you have only links on mp3 player ?

    S.Malorny, Jun 6, 2005
  5. Andi

    dadiOH Guest

    1. Check your players documentation to see what (if any) bit rate
    limitations it has for MP3 files.

    2. If there are limitations in #1, check the MP3s that won't play to see
    what their bit rates are.

    How do you check an MP3s bit rate? Most any ID3 tag editor will tell
    you what it is.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Jun 6, 2005
  6. Andi

    BIG NIGE Guest

    What program are you using to "Rip" the CD.
    I suspect that from what you have said that you are just copying the files
    from CD to PC this will just give a copy of the file in the original format.

    BIG NIGE, Jun 7, 2005
  7. Andi

    Andi Guest

    I just use windows media (I hate being a damm novice).

    Andi, Jun 7, 2005
  8. Andi

    BIG NIGE Guest

    OK. I dont use media player to rip CDs, In fact I rarely use it at all.
    BUT I just looked at Media Player and if you go to TOOLS then OPTIONS then
    RIP CD this gives you the option to change the format and change the bitrate
    (Quality). When I rip CDs I usually choose 192 bitrate or higher (I notice
    that media player only goes up to 192).

    Presumably if you choose the MP3 format & 128 bitrate it would be ok for a
    MP3 player.

    If someone else uses media player then they may be able to give you more
    info.

    Personally I use EZ-CD Extractor.

    BIG NIGE, Jun 7, 2005
  9. Andi

    Andi Guest

    Ideal mate tried and tested... :)

    Whats the best programme to rip cd's? Plus to convert them etc..

    One last thing is there a way I can fit a film, video, movie (mpeg) etc onto
    a 700mb 80 min cd? Or do I have to use better bigger cd's?

    Cheers for your help

    Andi

    Andi, Jun 8, 2005
  10. Andi

    BIG NIGE Guest

    I would suggest that you ask about best CD ripper as a new post
    Personally I use "Easy CD-DA Extractor" from poikosoft this gives me lots of
    choices of bitrate and file formats.It Locates Track Information for artist
    & title from the internet.

    as for DVD films onto 4.7gb DVDs
    I think that most would say Shrink DVD,
    Personally I use DVD X copy Platinum