    Axl Guest

    Which is better? This came up when I asked about the spellcheck.

    I thought thunderbird was just the mozmail standalone???

    Axl, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Well, its a matter of choice. TB is MozMail is a standalone version,
    but is beginning to diverge a bit. While the base gui is a bit behind
    where MozMail is currently, the addition of extensions can make up for it.

    The roadmap for Moz seems to be heading awau from the seamonkey suite,
    and basing new releases on Firebird/Thunderbird. As yet that hasn't
    happened.

    If you like playing with themes, themers have some work to do in getting
    themes that work with TB.

    I've been using TB as my default mail and news client from most of the
    summer, and I'm pretty happy with it.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Aug 19, 2003

  3. Axl

    Axl Guest

    I actually just DLed it earlier today. I like TB a lot...it seems to
    have everything I used w/ Mozmail, but has the spellcheck which is very
    handy. I dont care too much about matching themes and whatnot, so this
    seems to workout great!

    Axl, Aug 19, 2003
  4. For the record, the Spellchecker is cheeked into Moz from 1.5 on,
    basically the same checker as T'bird has.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Aug 19, 2003
  5. Axl

    Axl Guest

    So do you think the 1.5 mozmail will be better than TB?

    Axl, Aug 19, 2003
  6. With the extensions set up to your liking, there isn't a lot of
    difference. Moz has more working themes at the moment. T'bird works
    better with hyperlinks in emails, in that it will open your default
    browser, MozMail will open the Moz browser whether you want it to or
    not. If you're using Moz as both default browser and mail, that's not
    an issue.

    I was using MozMail as default since 1.0 came out. I've been using
    T'bird as default for a couple of months. I like them both. I'll
    probably stay with T'bird, though I would probably hardly notice a
    switch to Moz.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Aug 19, 2003