  1. get-it

    get-it Guest

    Mozilla: Where do I get the | character?

    get-it, Jan 3, 2005

  2. Well, its the uppercase of the back slash \, just as in Outlook Express. |

    That's so simple that I suspect I am not understanding you. Could you
    clarify your question? Do you mean how to type it in Mail or in a form
    in the browser, or how to display it in the browser?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 3, 2005

  3. get-it

    Gunther Guest

    I rarely use it, so you can have mine. --> |
    (It's the SHIFTED right-most key in the 3rd row from the
    top of my keyboard, counting the F-keys as row 1.)

    Gunther, Jan 3, 2005
  4. get-it

    Arne Guest

    Well, it's not in Mozilla but on the keybord. Where on the keyboard
    depends on the ---- keyboard :)
    On my keyboard it's on the same button as "<" and ">" and I have to
    press "Alt Gr" also when I need the "|"

    --
    /Arne
    http://web.telia.com/~u97802964/

    The old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything and the
    young know everything. (Oscar Wilde)

    Arne, Jan 3, 2005
  5. Mozilla: Where do I get the | character?

    I'm not entirely sure what you mean, either.

    The | character, or 'pipe' character I can type with Shift + \, that is the
    key to the left of my 'Z' key on this QWERTY keyboard.

    You can also get the character by holding down the Alt key (NOT Alt Gr) and
    typing 0124 on the number pad on your keyboard, thus: Alt + 0124 = |

    In HTML you could acheive this with |

    But when you say "Mozilla: Where do I get the | character?" ... what exactly
    do you mean?

    Gareth J M Saunders
    Edinburgh UK

    Gareth J M Saunders, Jan 4, 2005