    before?

    thanks,
    perplexed

    Pedro Sanchez, May 31, 2006

  2. Pedro Sanchez

    gwtc Guest

    its a known problem and the developers don't know whats causing it.
    Just continue to end it the way you have been in the task manager.

    gwtc, Jun 1, 2006

  3. Pedro Sanchez

    Glassman Guest

    Why would you want so many pages tabbed like that anyway?

    Glassman, Jun 1, 2006
  4. Pedro Sanchez

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Because there are as many different needs and ways to work as there are
    people. Just because you don't need or want to work that way doesn't
    mean it's an invalid concept. The point is that a designed feature of
    the program is not working reliably and needs to be fixed or the
    operational specs need to be restated.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jun 1, 2006
  5. During weather episodes. I keep many tabs loading many different sites
    with different updated weather information.

    I only do the billion tabs deal when storms are near, which is not
    every day.

    But I do need 20-25 tabs open during those times.

    Hope that explains it.

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 1, 2006
  6. Pedro Sanchez

    Mumia W. Guest

    If I were you, I'd open a couple of windows and have about 13 tabs in each.

    Mumia W., Jun 1, 2006
  7. Pedro Sanchez

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Why?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jun 1, 2006
  8. Pedro Sanchez

    gwtc Guest

    I usually have one window open. If I want to know what the weather is
    like, I just stick my head out that window and take a look.

    gwtc, Jun 1, 2006
  9. Pedro Sanchez

    Mumia W. Guest

    To get around the bug that causes Fx to lockup when more than 20 tabs
    have been opened in a single window.

    Mumia W., Jun 1, 2006
  10. Wow, that addressed my question and really helped.

    Now I don't need to be bothered with this.

    thanks!

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 2, 2006
  11. Pedro Sanchez

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Yeah, but, uh, what's the weather gonna be the next three days in
    Alpharetta, Ga? I keep sticking my head out the window and all that
    happens is I get the birds on the windowsill upset.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jun 2, 2006
  12. Yes, and this is why no one ever gets degrees in atmospheric science
    anymore..oh wait, hundreds do every year....
    I forget so easy.

    btw, I love it when people say, "Out of no where that storm came"
    I laugh because all they had to do was check the weather and they
    would have EXPECTED the storm.

    But people are stupid, just don't force me to be "in the dark" too.

    cheers everyone.

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 2, 2006
  13. Pedro Sanchez

    Glassman Guest

    Ed calm down, I was asking what the user was doing that required so many
    pages tabbed. Nowhere was it a condemning or critical question, nor did I
    imply or infer that it was in anyway an invalid concept. Do you jump at your
    wife like that at the breakfast table?

    Glassman, Jun 6, 2006
  14. Pedro Sanchez

    Glassman Guest

    Ah thanks Pedro, I was curious. I would think that you'd have a bandwith
    problem with that many open at the same time, is this so? Can you get them
    each to auto-refresh as well?

    Glassman, Jun 6, 2006
  15. I have cable access, so bandwidth isn't the issue. And yes, I can
    refresh all tabs with a mouse click.

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 6, 2006
  16. Pedro Sanchez

    Glassman Guest

    Is there a setting or method to get open tabs to autorefresh every few
    minutes? That would be a cool feature.

    Glassman, Jun 9, 2006
  17. Right click on any tab, one of the options is "refresh all tabs"

    there you go

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 9, 2006
  18. There already is ReloadEvery
    load that extension

    MC (temp) Dan [no email], Jun 9, 2006
  19. Pedro Sanchez

    Glassman Guest

    Still would be nice for pages to auto-refresh every minute or so.

    Glassman, Jun 10, 2006
  20. Only if you want them to! Some people who are on limited accounts would not
    appreciate it at all. Also nice if you have the speed to be able to do it.
    In any case, the extension gives you that capability, if you want it, go
    right ahead and use it if thats your liking.

    MC (temp) Dan [no email], Jun 10, 2006